Application Systems Programmer Specialist - Big Data
8 - 10 years experience • Patient Care
Community Health Systems, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of general acute care hospitals. The organization’s affiliates own, operate or lease 137 hospitals in 21 states with approximately 24,000 licensed beds. Affiliated hospitals are dedicated to providing quality healthcare for local residents and contribute to the economic development of their communities. Based on the unique needs of each community served, these hospitals offer a wide range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services in inpatient and outpatient settings.
POSITION SUMMARY: Application SystemsProgrammer Specialist provides supportunder the supervision ofthe Business Intelligence Manager, the Applications Systems Programming Specialist of Business Intelligence expands or modifies systems to serve new purposes or improve work flow. In addition, they test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Monitors and modifies the Business Intelligence systems in a Data Warehouse environment providing senior level analytical solutions and light administration.
- Design and develop OLAP databases to enable users to analyze multidimensional data interactively from multiple perspectives.
- Design and implement Business Intelligence Data Warehousing solutions to integrate data from one or more disparate sources. Review and analyze reporting implementations to identify problems and areas needing enhancement.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address.
- Coordinate with our architecture group to plan expansion of capacity and planning for out BI platforms.
- Bachelors degree or 2 years of additional experience can be substituted for education.
- Minimum of 7 years of Information Technology or Healthcare related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Application Systems Programming Specialist experience
- Minimum of 5 years of SQL database (Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle) experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in performing high and low level project analysis and design
- Minimum of 2 years of experience designing/developing OLAP databases and an excellent understanding of cubes
- Dynamic Oral and Written communication required
- Exposure to Big/Fast Data concepts
- Extensive experience building and supporting data extraction, transformation and loading processes using commercial tooling (Informatica Big Data Edition preferred)
- Extensive experience working with structured and unstructured sources like flat files, XML files and databases
- Light use of Java programing language and Linux administration in a clustered environment
- Technical understanding of complex mappings like SCD type1 and type2
- Technical understanding of distributed job management on HDFS
- Experience in a Healthcare environment