SOFTWARE ENGINEER – CONTROL SYSTEMS
We’re looking for talented software engineers with experience in building backend systems to join our team. This role is responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining the platform to deliver our core CDN configurations as well as our future Edge Cloud products. We have local offices in San Francisco, Portland and other locations. Remote workers are also encouraged to apply. Pacific time zone or close to is preferred.
To be effective in this role, you would have:
- Experience with Perl, Go and other languages in interdependent environments.
- Experience with database systems and applications.
- Experience migrating data models, operating and deploying an always-on system.
- Experience building APIs to handle complex and sensitive data.
- Experience in distributed systems, caching and HTTP APIs.
- Experience improving the reliability and efficiency of fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience with database and system profiling.
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. You’ll be a good candidate if you have experience and/or interest in SOME of these:
- Maintaining and developing large-scale and/or global production systems
- Linux/UNIX systems, both high and low level
- Writing code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, profiling, and troubleshooting APIs and large-scale, distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, release deployment)
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Our customers have a tremendous user base, and we support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their hearts with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is part of our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not “one size fits all”. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they’re passionate about.