V2X Validation Engineer
Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is seeking a V2X Validation Engineer at our Superior Township, MI location (just East of Ann Arbor). The Validation Engineer will support V2X Program Development by ensuring that verification & validation testing meets program timing and all validation requirements. This position will report to the Advanced Research Engineering Manager and will interact with Lead Engineer and validation coordinator to ensure complete and accurate coverage of requirements in test plans as well as interact with test facility to assist with the execution of test plans. The Validation Engineer will develop & review test plans, test strategies, and test results with program managers, validation coordinator, and test lab technicians.
- Develop test specifications to validate V2X technologies in future Hyundai - Kia vehicles
- Validate V2X (V2V/V2I/V2P) features and applications at both component and system level for production launch
- Conduct vehicle level testing for both V2V & V2I applications to ensure system meets industry & company requirements
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and report issues found during bench & vehicle levels testing
- Provide supports to other engineers for root cause analysis
- Design Tests to efficiently identify opportunities for design improvements
- Coordinate with design team to leverage knowledge and skills
- Keep abreast of industry trends, technologies, and best practices
- Consult closely with V2X advanced research team and vendors on further system improvements
- Share knowledge with engineers & technicians on the V2X applications, review, and approve test data collected by engineers and RFtechnician
- Travel up to 40% of time domestically and internationally.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Computer, Automotive, or other equivalent related system engineeringdegree
- 3 years of demonstrated technical knowledge and ability in V2X applications, cellular, DSRC, GPS, RF principles, and automotive active safety
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
- Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai KIA must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. ( No Sponsorship available for this position except TN Visa)
- HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
Job Tracking ID: 85350-256227