The Director, Communication Planning is responsible for developing and maintaining the overall network system strategy and plan to facilitate growth and stability.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and maintain the overall network system architecture and plan, including:
- Overall topology of the current network system infrastructure (LAN and WAN),
- Provide network design, capacity planning, monitoring needs and standardization,
- Research & recommend future network technology trend to handle future growth.
2. Lead activities related to network system architecture/integration on all IT initiatives. Coordinate detailed technology network system execution plans with HAEA and other vendors.
3. Build communication framework to support HCA, (Irvine, Newport Beach, Dallas, ATL, SF) and HCCA (all locations across Canada.)
4. Build and develop 1st / 2nd level communication teams.
5. Maintain awareness of current trends and innovations in the overall IT industry, allowing the incumbent to also make recommendations on future network system improvements and features.
6. Coordinate, along with the Director, IT Global Planning, and review strategies with HCS.
7. All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
• Very strong knowledge of network system architectures, approaches, techniques and technologies.
• Leadership knowledge to lead highly technical teams.
• Strong knowledge of LAN and WAN network system strategies.
• Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills, able to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical peers and management staff.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to build consensus and work closely with multiple staff members.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience
• A total of 10+ years in Information Technology, with 7+ in Network Systems.
• Experience with Global Technology planning with an Asian (Korean preferred) company is very desirable.