AECOM is seeking a Senior Area Manager for an industrial facility in Mossville, IL! Typical work hours are 7:00am – 4:00pm; hours may vary based on business demand. This position travels to and interacts with AECOM offices and client sites as required.
The Senior Area Manager reports to the AECOM Director of Facilities and works to develop and maintain close working relationships with business leaders/stakeholders throughout the organization.
This position is responsible for the overall operation of the Facility and Process Maintenance of the Mossville client site. This includes preserving the safety and well-being of our employees, safeguarding company funds and property, and generally representing the company with respect to the client.
This position ensures that established company goals are realized while maintaining client relations that will enhance future business, and has total responsibility for managing all aspects of the portfolio.
- Maintains 24x7 operations of all critical building support systems (HVAC, Electrical, Lab support, etc)
- Manages multiple subcontractors supporting the operations and maintenance functions
- Develops budgets and manages expenditures
- Manages all aspects of the contract with the client
Shows strong technical background and understanding of:
- Technical knowledge of industrialelectrical and mechanical systems with the ability to prioritize, assign, track and trend equipment history.
- Managing through the use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Knowledge of reliability maintenance
Good customer relations and a client partnering mentality:
- Acts with a sense of urgency to address issues and respond to internal and external customers.
- Experience with developing and presenting key performance indicators.
- Project continuous improvement, set goals and objectives and meet the schedule.
- Exhibits confidence and positive attitude about the project and the Company.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills (e.g., conflict resolution, team builder).
- Maximizes full use of company’s resources. Clearly understands the roles, responsibilities, authority, and accountabilities of each team member.
- Delegates effectively.
- Provides leadership to the operation insuring an accident free workplace. Walks the talk.
- Ensures that the Plans are aggressively monitored and requirements are enforced.
- Promotes employee development.
- Uses technology tools to improve technician knowledge and certification.
- Creates/maintains a succession plan.
- Provides mentoring to team members as needed.
- Demonstrates consistent, effective, and efficient written and oral communication skills (client, employees, suppliers, subcontractors, management, etc.).
- Maintains consistent communication with management on key issues, potential client issues and approach to resolutions. Communications are frequent, complete, and frank. Problems are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- Communicates with integrity and candor.