CAES is seeking a Finance Director at its Exeter, NH facility which specializes in the design and manufacture of antenna, waveguide, rotary joints, and RF cables as components to military and commercial radar systems.
- Provide financial leadership to the Exeter business area, operating as a business partner and trusted advisor to the Exeter Business Area VP
- Directly responsible for all Exeter financial matters, including review and challenge of thebudgets/forecasts and performance of the site
- Possess a solid understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS); Federal Cost Principles toinclude direct versus indirect, allowable vs. unallowable; Forward Pricing Rate proposals (FPRPs) development, negotiation and execution and Financial Planning to include Annual Operating Plan development and budgeting to include Capital expenditures and charitable contributions. Thecandidate should also have an understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM) and should be proficient at developing and motivating a productive staff in a team environment with excellent interpersonal, planning, and presentation skills
- Establish financial forecasts are an output of the SIOP planning process. That includes sales pipeline forecast, known demand, program build plans, gross margin and cost base designed tosupport the plan
- Income Statements linked to the forecast and reflect changes. Forecast changes can be viewed and modelled at a material cost, labor cost and overhead allocation line item level
- Forecast changes can be modeled as an impact to the individual components of a balance sheet (Current Assets and Current Liabilities)
- Variance statements track actuals versus forecast with insight delivered to non-finance managers, including potential actions for recovery to plans to be addressed in SIOP process
- Lead the development and implementation of financial strategy at the site level and offer specialist financial knowledg
- Direct financial assurance and control, essentially all aspects of financial reporting, including but not limited to: the site’s financial plan underpinning BU Strategic Growth Plan; developing and implementing the monthly forecasts and annual budget, providing sound financial decision-making, and proactively identifying business issues and driving resolution in a timely manner
- Lead and actively engage in Business Area pricing and proposal activities; to include recommending OH and bid rates, participating in pricing strategy and bid reviews, developing financial strategies for long-term agreements, and monitoring/reporting margin performance as part of program reviews
- Identify opportunities to increase Finance capability at the site and take action to lead that capability building. With specific focus on leading Finance improvement initiatives which deliver planned financial position in a more effective manner
- Responsible for key compliance areas and critical business processes needed to operate thebusiness. Establishes and implements policy in assigned financial areas. Implements and operates in accordance with all legal, regulatory, ethical and Company requirements, including government FAR / cost accounting standards, Company policies, Operating Framework, and departmental instructions
- Performs a wide variety of highly complex financial / business analyses with regard to monthly, quarterly and annual submissions of financials within IES and CAES
- Provides regular and ad hoc financial analyses and information.
- Coordinates with other business leaders, information and activities to ensure consistency and integrity of data
- Ensures adequate financial procedures and controls are in place and adhered to
- Improves and monitors the accounting systems in order to ensure accurate and timely financial information (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, etc.) are available for internal and external use
- Actively participates in site leadership team, with strong interface with BU senior leadership. May represent the Exeter Business Area VP or the IES VP of Finance in some meetings
- Responsible for hiring, assigning responsibilities, reviewing performance, training, counseling, developing and evaluating management staff within assigned team of senior financial managers and their staffs. Has authority to take action and make decisions regarding personnel matters. Develops and manages functional operating plans and budgets
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance or equivalent education
- Twelve (12)+ years of relevant work experience or related field with a portion of that experience in direct supervision and management of personnel
- Experience with FAR, DFARS, TINA and Government Cost Accounting Standards
- Experience within a manufacturing plant environment
- Experience in Project Management and financial transactions within a programs-based business, with outstanding commercial skills in profitably managing contract/program execution.
- Experience with executive level communication / presentations
- Refined and proven problem solving and analytical skillsets
- Experience as contributor in a senior level Financial Management position
- Experience in Microsoft applications and computer systems
- Ability to Travel ~ 10-20%
- US Citizenship
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet theeligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Local, U.S. Government, and global business environment
- Business operations, systems and processes
- Business planning & strategy
- Financial Management
- Managing projects
- Business/process improvement
- Delivering and embracing change
- Leadership, developing others, managing performance Initiative and drive
- Meeting or exceeding the site’s business performance as reviewed by more senior management (BU and Sector level).
- Ability to improve the effectiveness of the internal financial and business control environment.
- Drive working capital and cash flow performance to achieve budget commitments.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.