FARO Technologies, Inc. is continuing to develop new products that will revolutionize and disrupt the high-tech measurement and imaging industry. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success.
FARO has a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. We encourage employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. FARO is completely focused on simplifying processes through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
As the SEC Technical Accounting & Consolidations Manager you will be reporting to our Senior Manager, SEC Reporting. You will be responsible for a broad range of consolidation activities that support an accurate and timely close and global consolidation process.
A successful candidate will be a team player, able to interact with other accounting functions with a reasonably high level of accounting and analytical expertise and has a process oriented mindset.
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Participate in month-end close, recording corporate related journal entries and preparing reconciliations.
- Prepare the consolidated Financial Reporting including balance sheet, income statement, statement of shareholders’ equity, statement of cash flow and notes to the financial statements. Ensure these statements are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) in the United States.
- Play an integral role in implementation of the new consolidation system expected to be completed over the next six months.
- Manage accounting of all equity-‐related transactions and stock-‐based compensation plans, including reporting of stock-‐based compensation expense, related tax impact and earnings per share.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
- Responsible for various aspects of our quarterly and annual SEC reporting requirements such as Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, 8-K, and Proxy filings.
- Research technical accounting topics as needed with presentation to Senior Manager, SEC Reporting and Chief Financial Officer.
- Facilitate review of financial statements by external auditors, prepare work-papers and supporting documents for auditor review; research issues identified by auditors and implement appropriate changes in internal procedures based on audit review.
- Prepare functional, system and process improvement recommendations for review by management.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required or directed to maintain workflow and meet production schedules and requirements.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies. Recommend revisions to control documentation such as production checklists, operating procedures and policy manuals.
- Make and distribute authorized modifications as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Tools and equipment used:
- Computer, peripherals, standard office equipment.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred, not required
- Minimum 4-6 years of financialreporting experiencerequired
- Public accounting / auditexperiencepreferred
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley, internal control concepts and SEC filings
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule during monthly and year-end closing
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees, but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events