About The Opportunity
The Design Integration Engineering Lead will be the technical engineering representative/coordinator between engineer teams in GKN Aerospace Sweden, GKN Aerospace Newington (GANE) and Pratt & Whitney (P&W) hot and cold section for the ongoing NGPF programs. This person will be located in the U.S., based out of the GANE location, sharing time between GANE and P&W Connecticut in order to coordinate communication within the NGPF Value Stream.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Product Development:
- Supports changes to engineering design in support of initiatives (i.e. costs, producibility, etc.).
- Coordinates the engineering work between P&W engineers and GKN engineers to ensure that GKN receives necessary technical information from P&W to releaseengineering output according to established plans.
- Supports production as well as the concession process at P&W.
- Represents GKN and participates in all P&W reviews. Holds presentations for P&W seniors and managers.
- Supports the Design Chief Engineers on their technical reviews (internal & external) as required and assigned.
- Product Support:
- Develops and coordinates aftermarket technical data with GKN engineering team.
- Coordinates aftermarket technical data with regulatory authorities.
- Addresses and supports aftermarket issues and inquires for maintainability.
- Implements a harmonized process, ensuring the product development and support work is efficient within both P&W and GKN design systems.
- Responsible for establishing long term working procedures with P&W Systems Engineering and Product Support organizations.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Ensures adherence to all applicable Quality processes and procedures including; compliance with all regulatory laws and guidelines; customer requirements (where mandated); export control and ITAR requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other applicable technical field.
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering design, project, manufacturing and/or operations.
- Able to travel15% domestically, and internationally as required.
- Knowledge of aerospace authority requirements for certification (FAA & EASA).
- Knowledge of aerospace industry design systems (P&W preferred).
- Knowledge of aerospace authorities requirements for certification (FAA & EASA).
- Some product knowledge of Intermediate case (IMC) as well as Turbine Exhaust Case (TEC).
- CAD education or experience (Teamcenter & NX Unigraphics preferred).
- Proficiency in blueprint interpretation (GD&T).
- Some FE education or experience (ANSYS preferred).
- Knowledge of machine shop processes.
- Proficiency in general computer skills (Windows & MS Office).
- Good interpersonal team working and communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders, including building trust between P&W and GKN Engineers.
- Experience working with diverse skill sets.
- Good Technical English language and net-working skills.
- Has the ability to work successfully within a matrix managed business, able to influence without direct authority.
- Proactive in regards to new developments of expertise required.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, strong minded and committed.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work, and deliver, under own initiative.
- Innovative toward all aspects of the job.
- Flexible and capable of working in a complex environment.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- Good reporting and communication skills on project status and progress.