Cost Accountant / Financial Analyst
Apply NowApply Later Tracking Code 4047Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Cost Accountant / Financial Analyst
H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced Cost Accountant who will report directly to the Manager, Global Cost Accounting, and will support our Construction Products business. The Construction Products business is based in IL and this role will reside in the Aurora, IL location. This position develops and prepares cost analysis, and manufacturing analysis. This position is responsible in performing and improving management accounting period close responsibilities, standard cost process development, variance analysis, projected unit costs and margin analysis.
The Cost Accountant / Financial Analyst will have responsibilities that involve costing and manufacturing analysis in addition to management accounting responsibilities. The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Business Analysis/Costing and Manufacturing Analysis. Research underlying data to calculate actual unit cost variances from standards. Utilize and/or develop tools for variances for RM price and usage, labor and overhead, efficiency and spending and volume. Utilize and/or develop tools to deliver data and information to plants and business units. Partner with plants to improve analysis and build understanding of cost, margin, and value creating opportunities.
- Raw Material Analysis. Analyze raw material price changes and impacts on business for making proactive decisions around customer pricing and business strategy.
- Business Initiatives Support. Analyze business initiatives, segments, and impacts on business for making proactive decisions around business strategy.
- Work closely with cost allocation process development team to enable more accurate allocations to business units to drive cause/effect relationships between business decisions and results.
- Monthly Close. Perform advanced tasks efficiently and accurately in the monthly close process to verify accuracy of data, make corrections to data, reconcile discrepancies in inventory, improve general ledger linkages to detailed transactions, and improve the integrity and internal control of data, systems, and processes. Make suggestions for improvements that are consistent with Lean 6 Sigma methods.
- Standard Cost Development. Coordinate, develop, and streamline processes for calculation of standard costs. Interact with ERP system by feeding budget information and parameter assumptions to system for rolling up unit costs. Utilize and/or develop multiple tools for delivery and review of data by multiple plants and multiple business units.
- Projected Costs. For a given product line, lead the cross-functional process of calculating projected unit costs for new products and estimates. Utilize and/or develop processes in Excel and Access to facilitate cross-functional development of projected product unit costs.
- Bachelor’s degree- major in Accounting/Finance/Economics
- 3+ years’ experience in finance or accounting
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing accounting/ financial analysis
- Strong analytical skills to ensure accurate preparation and reporting of financial results
- Experience with ERP systems, including system queries and data mining
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools, including Excel, Word, Access and Project
- PreferredQualifications include:
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing accounting/ financial analysis
- CMA or CPA
- Experience with SAP, Blackline, Business Objects
- Experience in manufacturing Accounting or Finance
- Experience in manufacturing variance analysis
- Knowledge of activity based costing and standard costing methods
- Cost allocation and database design experience
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) member or willing to become an IMA member
- APICS member or willing to become an APICS member and/or APICS certified (CRM)
- Supply Chain Management or Operations experience