Promote and expand mining business within Komatsu’s global account contracts, achieved by directing all activities related to Komatsu equipment sales and installations. Monitors, evaluates, and maintains customer relationship with OEM and distributor network on a global basis as it applies to Komatsu’s alliance agreements. Synchronizes efforts with the Komatsu distributor, service and technical support, and key vendors (e.g., Cummins, General Electric, Siemens) to present a single face to the customer (“One Komatsu”), and to be the key point of contact for the accounts relating to all truck performance issues. Establish new business relationships, and expand existing relationships, with mining companies operating in the area. Lead Distributor efforts to develop plans to accomplish profitability and market share targets of designated customer business. Ensure customer satisfaction by coordinating that all sales processes, from quotation, to contract execution to and ensuring that equipment is commissioning is executed as per the contract. Coordinate supporting functions and assist in the management of the field support team to achieve the planned TCO and contractual cost benchmarks.
1. Develop strategies to achieve targeted corporate and annual goals, and to promote Komatsu’s value offering to global account customers resulting in sales, unplanned sales, and incremental business revenue from Komatsu mining products.
2. Develop and implement activity plans to establish clear direction and time line(s) for key support activities, and manage technical and quality issues to meet established deadlines and key performance indicators by working with customer, distributor, vendor and KAC personnel and resources.
3. Evaluate capabilities, resources and capacity of the distributor and oversee joint activity plans between the distributor and Komatsu product support personnel to drive issues to completion and to make sure that the trucks are assembled and operate within contractual expectations. Regularly review progress and initiate corrective actions where needed.
4. Review Distributor progress with Regional Managers and initiate actions and make recommendations on additional actions required on Joint Activity Plan.
5. Develop and / or maintain relationships with Komatsu distributors and support teams to ensure that sufficient resources are allocated to support pre and post sales efforts.
6. Coordinate group activity to close sales and provide appropriate after sales support. Maintain customer communication to ensure fulfillment of expectations in regards to equipment delivery and parts availability.
7. Enforce company policy to sustain maximum operating efficiency including safety, environmental, and quality policies.
8. Perform other duties and projects as assigned. Qualifications: 1. A Bachelor’s degree is required; Masters in Business Administration is preferred.
2. 8-10 years of experience gained in the construction and mining industry, as it relates to the types of industrial equipment used in the industry.
3. Broad knowledge of the mining business on a global basis, knowledge of applications engineering as it relates to mining is preferred to act as a consultant to customers on the proper types, sizes and amount of equipment needed for the mining application.
4. Firm grasp of industry practices about market trends, new products and services.
5. Understanding of the complete sales cycle along with the required sales skills, product knowledge and positive attitude to be successful in a sales situation.
6. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both within Komatsu and with external customers, both in face-to-face and formal presentation settings. Must be able to present to both senior executives of large mining conglomerates as well as to those involved directly in mine applications.
7. Capable of analyzing and solving issues, identifying alternative solutions and acting quickly and decisively.
8. Intermediate level computer skills and the ability to use word documents, power point presentation and spreadsheets.
9. This position will require approximately 25-30% travel, often internationally.
10. Multi-lingual abilities a significant plus Additional Information: