Power Supply Engineer
The Power Supply Engineer will lead the design of low and high voltage, high frequency and switch mode power supplies. The successful candidate will work across disciplines to assure power supply designs meet the power, thermal, emissions and safety requirements of the system specification. The engineer will specify and analyze vendor product or equipment as required. They will create and maintain schedules for development efforts.
- An ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited BSEE degree in electrical engineering is strongly preferred, or MSEE, or equivalent technical education, plus 7+ years additional relevant experience.
- Required skills include power conversion design and analysis, circuit simulation, control loops and stabilization.
- Must be able to specify core, wire size, inductance, current, etc. in a magnetics design.
- Familiarity with CAD tools for schematic entry and layout.
- Proven track record of power supply designs for military applications that are currently in production.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Project software.
- Familiarity with IntuSoft and/or Simplis is a plus.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written to expeditiously coordinate efforts through all phases of the manufacturing and engineering process while contributing in a high performance team environment to meet customer needs.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends when required.