The Product Manager will develop and execute product strategies that support Ecova’s goals, meet customer needs and drive a high level of customer satisfaction. Key objectives will be managing the product lifecycle, product portfolio management, product marketing and financial planning.
Product strategy definition & portfolio planning, road map generation & business strategy definition
- Tracks, evaluates and communicates product performance against corporate objectives
- Provides business case development for product development investment priorities in collaboration with Portfolio Management team
- Supports the development of the product roadmaps
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure collaboration and timely execution of product roadmap development
Product lifecycle management
- Responsible for managing the end-to-end development of product strategies and executing across cross-functional teams and into the market
- Works with engineering to manage the release of product from inception through launch
- Manages the release planning process, project vision, feature prioritization, product requirements and ongoing product roadmap
- Aids in the ongoing market sensing activities that employ Voice of the Customer initiatives and competitive analysis
Product marketing and sales enablement
- Responsible for working with marketing to evaluate and execute product marketing outreach programs via collateral, sales tools, training materials and other marketing tools
- Develops product level messaging and feature/benefit statements
Financial planning and management
- Provides financial planning and P&L support through the development of high level business plans and business cases in support of innovation and product development activities
- Assists in tracking and management of budgeted and forecasted revenue, delivery costs, and product line margin
- Contributes to the development of pricing strategies and manages pricing to support company financial goals
- Manages 1-2 product owners, dedicated to product line development team
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Environmental Science / CS Degree or 5 years in technology with business degree.
- 0-3 years of experience in Product Management
- 5 years of experience in commercial software or IT services, ideally sustainability or energy related
- 2-3 years in leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to effectively define and deliver innovative solutions that meet customer needs in conjunction with Product Development. Strong understanding of software development lifecycles required.
- Involvement in some, if not all, aspects of product launches, e.g., development of messaging and positioning, internal and external communications planning, testing, training, implementation planning, execution, user documentation.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum a bonus.
- Demonstrated ability to translate concepts into viable products or business solutions, including experience guiding or personally conducting and analyzing market research for product planning.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to relate at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively work with and influence cross-functional teams to achieve results.
- Ability to manage people with empathy, clarity and vision