About Gravitate Solutions (formerly Old Town IT)
Launched in 2007, Gravitate Solutions creates innovative software, business intelligence and analytical solutions for the business challenges unique to member-based organizations and nonprofits. With deep expertise in the sector and a reputation for commitment to quality, Gravitate Solutions has become the most trusted technology partner in the industry. Gravitate Solutions provides customized technology integration, mobile communication and point-of-sale solutions and a game-changing data intelligence platform to its growing client base of trade associations and member-based organizations. The firm was ranked by Inc. Magazine on its annual list of fastest growing companies five years running from 2011-2016, including the prestigious Inc. 500 list in 2011 and 2012.
Gravitate Solutions is looking for Software Engineers to work with a talented cadre of like-minded people on our Professional Services team. Our software engineers support clients with custom implementations and integrations of 3rd party Association Management Systems (AMS). You don’t have to be familiar with the AMS’s before you join the team, but you will be expected to learn the systems inside and out. The work is challenging, demanding, collaborative, and highly rewarding. Candidates should be comfortable supporting several clients concurrently and have experience building web-based solutions. Candidates should also be able to follow functional and technical specifications and deliver quality code to the QA team. If you are passionate about challenging yourself and improving your technical skills, and are never satisfied until the problem is solved and the client is delighted, keep reading.
Key Software Skills:
- C# and ASP.NET
- T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and Reporting Services
- API development
- Association Management Software (AMS) systems (preferred but not necessary)
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment
- A “client-first” attitude – never satisfied until the solution is right
- Comfortable critiquing colleagues’ work and accepting critique from others
- Willingness to understand client business needs and the ability to translate those needs into technical requirements
- Aptitude to develop and deliver solutions on time and within specifications
- Capacity to adapt to changing requirements and circumstances (the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry)
- Passion for learning new technologies and keeping current on developments with existing technologies
- Creativity to design solutions that are testable, maintainable, extensible, scalable
- Tenacity to evaluate and define the right user experiences and technologies
- Work hard and play harder
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.