We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced multi-line claims leader to lead a global team responsible for driving claims quality, process improvement and superior claims service. You will report to our Global Claims Director in San Francisco. If you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the skills, experience, drive, and a strong team mentality - Uber on and get in touch!
What You’ll Do
- Oversee Uber’s global claims quality management program and lead a team to deliver a superior customer experience , optimize claims outcomes, and drive operational effectiveness.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve best practices globally for handling of Auto Physical Damage, Auto Liability, General Liability and other claim types.
- Oversee and conduct claims file quality reviews to ensure consistent claims handling consistent with best practices. Identify opportunities to improve performance, optimize processes, control leakage and enhance governance and control mechanisms. Recommend actions for claims quality improvement and monitor progress against same.
- Develop, analyze and report out on claims quality metrics. Leverage data and analytics understand and target key drivers of lost costs and customer experience opportunities through improvements in claims quality and changes in claims handling behaviors.
- Provide regular feedback from file quality reviews, including opportunities for training and capability building. Work closely with the Claims team and our partners to elevate skills/performance.
- Opportunity to design, build and implement a claims quality management program globally to meet the needs of different regions.
What You’ll Need
- 10 or more years of Auto Physical Damage, Auto Liability and/or personal injury claims handling experience with a strong preference for candidates with experience in litigated, complex, and high severity claims.
- Substantial experience leading a claims quality program.
- Substantial experience leading claims process improvement initiatives and leveraging data and analytics to identify and target key drivers of performance improvement.
- 5 years of solid leadership experience.
- Bachelor's Degreerequired, Master’s degreepreferred.
- Proficient computer skills required to navigate a paperless environment.
- High level of technical claim knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Easy adaptation to changing situations, requirements or priorities.