Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovativetechnology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment andinformation technology and services for intelligenttravel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications andnetworking and highly specialized support services for military andsecurity forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, wewant to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired bytechnology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The IT Infrastructure Architect will provide technical leadership in the delivery of infrastructure solutions that meet customer requirements in an RFP (Request for Proposals) process. The IT Infrastructure Architect will be a thought leader in the planning, design and implementation of customer systems as well as the development of new product platforms. The IT Infrastructure Architect is responsible for analyzing business and technical requirements and for delivery of infrastructure solutions by leveraging technology guidelines. Candidate will be a technical expert addressing the challenges of systems integration and compatibility on multiple platforms. The candidate will have a full understanding of industry best-practices and may serve in a variety of roles that include customer and third party vendor interaction in order to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. An expert in infrastructureengineering with overall understanding of software engineering is required. Candidate should have a mastery of a wide range of architectures for 24/7 transactional systems. Candidate will be responsible for analyzing business and proposal data and technical requirements to develop a wide range of infrastructure solutions by leveraging technology guidelines. Must be able to provide technical write-ups and drawings to promote the proposed solutions to include providing quotes from third party suppliers to support the proposed hardware, software solutions. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of leadership and influence as this individual will work across the organization with multiple and varied technical teams to define, design, and drive the development and delivery of complex technical strategy and solutions. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing solutions, aligned with customer requirements for projects initiated by supported lines of business in coordination with other technical departments
- Works with a wide range of engineering resources as needed, ensuring that end-to-end infrastructure design is completed
- Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs.
- Assists project team with requirements completion and submittal of responses to RFP’s
- Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations based on customer requirements.
- Participates in the design, development, planning, modification and/or improvement of software operational systems.
- Researches system designs and enhancement solutions.
- Performs system hardware, software analysis.
- Assists in conceptualizing, develop and analyzing engineering designs based on customer/contract requirements.
- Partners with project team to complete technical design documents
- Partners with PM to document implementation tasks for the project
- Responsible for ensuring that the designed solution addresses all business and systems (functional/non-functional) requirements
- Researches design concepts and feasibility utilizing advanced technical theory and knowledge.
- Coordinates and contributes to compilation and writing of proposal documents.
- Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedule and technical approaches.
- Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment.
- Maintains liaison with customer, subcontractor and vendor representatives.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Conducts in-house design reviews and technical meetings.
- Makes presentations before management and customers.
- Assumes additional technical and non-technical responsibilities as needed.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, project and Visio products.
- Familiar with SharePoint.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electronic Engineering or other related technical discipline. Twelve (12) years’ experience, including system development/engineering, providing technical direction and leadership to team members. Competent use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Access and computer aided software engineering (CASE) tools. Excellent written and verbal communication skills Able to positively interact with customers, subcontractors and vendors. Must be able to solve complex and difficult engineering problems. Knowledge of customer needs and competing products desirable. IT Service Delivery experience implementing and utilizing ITIL processes. Some travel may be required .Able to work flexible hours as required. Ability to manage simultaneous projects in multiple locations across the United States and internationally. Well organized, able to plan projects and maintenance initiatives, track and report to milestones. Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities. Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups. Able to collaborate with application support resources and to provide advice and support related to database, IT infrastructure, and server environments. 8+ years of overall IT experience.. 4+ years’ experience in developing IT infrastructure Solutions as a lead engineer or Architect.. 4+ years’ experience in IT Infrastructure implementation or lifecycle development. . 4+ years’ experience in planning, documenting, validating and testing technical solutions in a global enterprise setting. . 6+ years’ experience with any combination of Linux/Unix, Windows2003 and/or 2008, VMWare ESX within a mid to large enterprise, . 4+ years’ experienceengineering and implementing business process focused on services delivery. Ideal candidate will have significant exposure to storage platforms (e.g. EMC, Hitachi, HP, Compellent or IBM). Ideal candidate will have significant exposure to various server platforms (e.g. HP, Cisco, SUN, Dell or IBM).Preferred: 4+ years’ experiencenetworkengineering and administration to include L2, L3, and L7 switches, preferably Cisco. 4+ years’ managing vendor relationships and working with professional engagements. 4+ years’ experience in managing IT infrastructure delivery. 4+ years working in or in collaboration with complex software delivery organizations.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.