Are you passionate about High Performance Computing (HPC)? Are you ready to advance the state-of-the-art by developing methods for running HPC workloads on the cloud? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an HPC-focused Solutions Architect to work with our customers to craft cloud-based HPC solutions. Cloud computing has the potential to take on the biggest HPC challenges. Do you want to learn the very latest in cloud technologies and apply them to some of the most interesting computing workloads in the world? The AWS Global Specialized Sales Organization’s Specialized Solutions Architecture team works with customers of all types around the globe on these types of hard problems.
At AWS, we're hiring highly passionate and deeply technical HPC professionals to work with our Solutions Architecture team on key customer and partner engagements. Our HPC specialists deliver architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, and conduct customer workshops. AWS specialists collaborate with customers and partners to tackle challenges, implementation and the migration of customer applications and workloads onto AWS. As an HPC specialist, you will drive cloud adoption.
Your broad responsibilities include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects. You should be as comfortable discussing complex technical details with a room full of engineers as you are briefing an executive audience. In addition, you will engage with other AWS service teams, solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex sales opportunities to closure.
Do you have that special combination of deep technical knowledge, drive to create new technology, and strong interpersonal skills? As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record of customer obsession and delivering results. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges in HPC.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
Design Customer Solutions Collaborate with the wider AWS teams to help customers and partners architect HPC Solutions that leverage AWS Services and NICE technologies
Devise Strategy Engage with Specialized Sales Representatives, Solution Architects, Account Managers, Professional Services, and Partners to define an HPC Engagement strategy.
Thought Leadership – Provide leadership on solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services and NICE technologies. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Compute Blog, whitepapers and reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solutions Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the worldwide AWS solution architect community
· 10 or more years’ experience with high performance computing systems in Life Sciences, Engineering, Manufacturing or Financial Services
· Experience developing HPC applications on a large scale.
· Working knowledge of HPC schedulers and distributed/parallel file systems, underlying IT systems, and the HPC development process, high throughput and tight coupling approaches
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
· A demonstrated ability to script or code in python, ruby, bash, perl, c, FORTRAN, or java
· Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve resultsExperience with a broad range of HPC applications
· An advanced degree in engineering, the sciences, computer science, or related discipline
· Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
· A proven track record in field of interest with publications and conference attendance
· Experience with a broad range of HPC applications
· Experience with AWS services
· Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired.
Job ID: 546221