Detail design of complex tactical radio systems integrated into systems and platforms (primarily land) that satisfy specific customer requirements for critical wireless communications.
- Design systems utilizing Harris and other OEM equipment to offer a complete customer solution integrated into customer systems and various platforms, primarily land light and heavy armored vehicles (others include ship, aircraft, and UAV). Includes one or more of the following: HF, VHF, UHF, and microwave radios, custom design peripheral subsystems for both voice and data applications.
- Support EMI/EMC requirements and testing of product and system performance for all aspects of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) compliance, including EMI/EMC/EME/ESD/EMP and lightning.
- Complete propagation design and analysis of HF to microwave radio systems.
- Support collocation and co-site analysis of multiple RF systems in a single platform and provide risk mitigation plans.
- Provide complete design efforts including: defining the end customer's technical requirement; designing, documenting and costing of systems, and integration and test of those systems.
- Manage the project risks and ensure we are proactively mitigating and reducing risks during the system design execution.
- Work with Project Engineer to ensure the conversion of customer requirements, including informal requirements, into solutions that balance the technical, schedule and cost constraints for the system design.
- Lead discussions with engineers, sales, consultants, vendors and other Harris personnel as necessary to advance and develop designs based on customer requirements.
- Excellent written and communication skills, including ability to make effective presentations to a wide range of audiences. Responsible for the configuration management of all documents for the sub system design.
- Position requires the demonstrated ability to work effectively with other organizations (Engineering, Sales, Program Management, and Operations) to complete assigned projects.
- BSEE/BSCE and 10+ years of experience or Master’s Degree with 8+ years of work experience
- 2+ years of experience of demonstrated in project management of Systems Design and Systems Integration with relevant technology.
- Approximately 10% short term international travel anticipated
- Computer Proficiency – Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, and MS Project. Programming skills a plus for workflow automation and complex analysis. Experience with MSSharePoint is a plus.
Preferred Additional Skills:
Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge of RF antenna systems, two-way tactical radio systems, microwave systems, other wireless systems, IP networks, International Government / DoD systems experience desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of EMI/EMC testing to MIL-STD-461 and MIL-STD-464
- Experience with design and integration of electronics and communications equipment into vehicle platforms (primarily land vehicles, but sea and air platforms experienced a plus)
- Knowledge of collocation design.
- Knowledge of RF antenna systems including HF, VHF, UHF, L band, and microwave. MIMO antenna systems experience a plus.
- Strong background in Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) standards/specifications (or equivalent commercial standards).
- Position requires the demonstrated ability to work effectively with other organizations to complete assigned projects.
- Proficiency at writing clear and concise language tailored to a wide variety of audiences. Successful candidate will possess excellent technical, interpersonal and customer skills, plus demonstrate the capacity to effectively foster team building within and beyond his/her work group.
- Packaging and performance verification of electrical systems for harsh environments including rugged packaging for transport and mobile applications. Military Systems experience in this area a plus.
- Working familiarity with applicable regulations and best practices; e.g., NEC, UL, TUV, CSA, Mil Spec.
- Experience with process improvement in a CMMI and ISO9001 work environment.
- International travelexperiences as well as foreign language proficiency a plus.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Code – CS20171309-20775