The Network Engineer would be responsible for engineering, implementing, troubleshooting, and maintaining the various components that make up the Bank’s telecommunications network infrastructure with a focus on the Bank’s wireless infrastructure to include Access Point technology, Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, Cisco Prime, Identity Service Engine (ISE) and Mobility Service Engine.
The position would support the Bank’s employee, BYOD and guest networks. The engineer will also be responsible for the engineering and support of the Bank’s Network Access Control (NAC) architecture for wireless and wired networks. The position responsibilities include maintaining documentation to reflect the current operating environments as well as creating operational documentation to reflect current processes and best practices.
• Experience troubleshooting wireless and wired network communications issues and reading and analyzing sniffer trace files to determine the root cause of application problems and failures.
• Experience implementing and supporting wireless networks with Cisco Wireless LAN controllers, Access Points, Prime Infrastructure and Mobility.
• Experience implementing and supporting Network Access Control for wired and wireless networks with Cisco Identity Service Engine and 802.1x.
• Experience with network design, implementation and support across multiple platforms including Cisco Nexus (7K, 5K, 2K), Catalyst product line, ASR and ISR platforms. This includes the configuration of NAT, VRF, ACLs
• Experience with end to end QoS implementation on routers and switches and wireless • Routing/switching expertise: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, VLAN, STP, etc.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, SNMP, Netflow, IPSLA and general network management.
• Experience with Linux a strong plus
• Familiarization with network security – 802.1x, TACACS, Identity Service Engine (ISE), DMVPN
• Knowledge of Cisco UCS and VOIP
• CCNP certification is not a requirement but a very strong plus
• Knowledge of DNS and DHCP operations, support, and troubleshooting
About M&T: At M&T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of performance based career development opportunities for talented professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful, conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
M&T Bank Corporation does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas.
M&T Bank Corporation has policies and procedures in place to promote a drug free workplace.