Program Director - Pharmacy Technician
Serves as the academic leader and manages the administrative functions of a single or multiple programs. Responsibilities generally include course scheduling, faculty development and evaluation, development and implementation of operational procedures, student management and retention, and special projects. Serves as leader to program instructors and sets tone for overall quality, community involvement, and performance results of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advising Students - Responsible for developing and sustaining student relationships through participation in student orientations and through providing proper counseling, coaching, mentoring, scheduling, and advisement.
- Supervising Instructors – Participate in hiring, training, instructor orientations, mentoring program instructors; provide faculty development and in-services opportunities; and, provide growth opportunities for teaching methodologies.
- Supporting Operations – Monitor student attendance, grades, retention, academic metrics, program budget, classroom observations, instructor evaluations, and provide actionable information to the Dean, Campus President, and Corporate Academics.
- Teaching Classes - Responsible for teaching courses as prescribed by the academic staffing guidelines.
- Ensuring Compliance – Responsible for adherence to accreditor criteria, programmatic accreditor criteria, and corporate and college policies and procedures.
- Reviewing Curriculum - Participates in program and curriculum review and development.
- Supporting Program Enrollment – Provide product knowledge to admissions quarterly and interview applicants as requested.
- Supporting Graduates – Provide Career Services and the Campus President with the type and number of externship requirements and manage the placement and supervision of students in the externships.
- Supporting Campus Events - Attend campus/corporate events.
- Other Duties As Assigned – Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Provide strong leadership and management of overseeing program.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- A track record of delivering successful results.
- Ability to effectively utilize technology (eg. CampusVue, MS Office, electronic email, electronic calendar).
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to clearly define actionable information.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Generally requires BS/BA in related discipline and a minimum of 4 years of experience in related field.
- Professional certification is required in some areas.
- Where applicable, state or accreditation regulations may require a master’s level or higher degree.