The Deputy Project Director assists the Project Director to deliver tasks to the client on time, with quality and on budget. The Deputy assists with the implementation of assigned projects and is responsible to oversee execution of all phases of assigned activities, and is also responsible for client relations, project planning, implementation, quality, and schedule for MAXIMUS. The Deputy works closely with OLTL, Commonwealth Officials, County Agencies, Providers, Advocates, Community Partners, the Project Program Development and Program Operations teams, and other key stakeholders and staff to ensure successful implementation and ongoing management of the project and project tasks. The Deputy is responsible for managing multiple assignments including all operational and subcontractor management to include scope management, change management, estimating impacts of scope change (timeline and cost) and managing project resources.
- Assists the Project Director on key project deliverables, operations leadership team in support of specific management activities, and timelines.
- Establishes and maintains relationships and effective communication with the OLTL, Commonwealth Officials, County Agencies, Providers, Advocates, Community Partners, and other Stakeholders, as appropriate, to ensure the flow of information and coordination of services and functions on a regular and ongoing basis and conducts regular meetings with clients and staff as required
- Maintains updated knowledge of contract compliance provisions for the projects to ensure that MAXIMUS is in compliance with all applicable requirements of Project contracts, state and federal requirements, and the terms and conditions of the RFP and proposals.
- Manage timelines and deliverables, ensures that all MAXIMUS requirements are met, and ensures that the project is in compliance with MAXIMUS standards and procedures
- Makes informed decisions and assures adherence to budgets by utilizing the MAXIMUS financial reports to monitor forecasts and profitability goals, as well as control labor costs and expenditures
- Involved in developing, proposing changes to, modifying and executing policies that affect immediate operation(s) including approvals of quality and training plans, goals, monitors the achievement and standards. In many instances, makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations' effective achievement of objectives
- Assists in the creation and implementation of innovative methodologies, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people to improve services, operations, client satisfaction metrics and efficiencies.
- Achieves and/or exceeds client satisfaction metrics by establishing programs and processes that will increase satisfaction annually.
Oversee the development of the project and take a lead role in the implementation to ensure in compliance with the requirements set forth in the contract. .
- Plans, directs, supervises and evaluates workflow. Schedules and organizes staff to accommodate anticipated workflow. Coordinates work activities to achieve the volume expected to meet operational requirements
Assists Implementation Team with preparing for & conducting readiness reviews via the transition plan
- Develops performance goals and objectives for the project and staff, and monitors the achievement of those goals
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent years of experience required
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
At minimum of (5) years of experience in the administration and management of human service programs preferred, including five (5) years of supervisory experience, required
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
Experience in the cultivation of business relationships among diverse sets of clients required
Excellent planning and organizational skills and ability to follow through until processes are completed required
Skilled in Diversity Management, Personnel Development, Professional Relationships, Teamwork/Collaboration, and Quality Management and Financial Management
Ability to influence people at all levels and impact key business decisions. Ability to lead and motivate staff and suppliers through variety of communications vehicles
Ability to strategically analyze disparate data sets and translate into tactical improvement required
Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills required
Ability to exhibit a high degree of energy and initiative and maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude while performing in a fast-paced, deadline and detail-oriented work environment
Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
Ability to pass a federal background check including, but not limited to, drug testing and Credit search of National Credit Bureaus
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Preferred qualifications include: experience working with disabled and disadvantaged populations; customer service, compliance and marketing experience; PMP certification