Process Optimization Specialist II - Enterprise PMO.
Job Summary:This position is responsible for leading and consulting on transformational Performance Optimization initiatives and projects that accelerate the achievement of results in priority areas for Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center. Provides analysis, consultation, gap assessment, team facilitation and idea generation, accelerates dissemination of successful practices, and provides recommendations for organizational continuous improvement. Researches and analyzes basic and complex issues surrounding the processes and systems of an organization. Makes recommendations surrounding improving processes, efficiency and practices. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Deliverables result in practical, significant, and measurable improvements in quality/safety, service, and efficiency across the Medical Center.
Education / Experience:Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields with an emphasis in quality/operations: nursing, business administration, healthcare administration, systems engineering, organizational development, human factors or similar field plus 5 years of relevant experience, with specific emphasis in: continuous improvement, Lean techniques, customer service, systems analysis, group leadership and facilitation, interpersonal communication and team building. Master's in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Nursing or related field of study strongly preferred. or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration: LeanSix Sigma Green Belt required. LeanSix SigmaBlack Belt Certification preferred. Required within six months of employment, if not already certified. Maintain certification as required by certifying agency, such as American Society for Quality (ASQ). Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
1. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships, and team building.
2. Leads high-priority Performance Optimization and Lean projects to support the Strategic goals of the organization, plan and policy, and any other areas deemed appropriate by leadership.
3. Works collaboratively with leadership and appropriate personnel to provide guidance and support to aid in increasing efficiencies, decreasing costs, reducing variability, and reducing errors/defects.
4. Effectively facilitates team meetings to achieve results. Leads teams with setting and understanding project goals, roles, overviews, u-views, procedures, expectations, and rules.
5. Simulates and tests process improvements. Communicates changes and may provide training to impacted business units.
6. Promotes innovation across the institution/enterprise by helping teams identify ways to improve services or strategies
7. Independently coaches and/or manages moderate to difficult process improvement initiatives at the institution and/or enterprise level.
8. Assists other departments in analysis of internal data and external benchmarking data.
9. Mentors individuals external to the department in process improvement tools, data analysis, and quality/safety initiatives.
10. Promotes teamwork and overall Performance Improvement reputation and perform other duties as indicated by leadership.
Skills & Qualifications:
Candidates with a healthcare background are preferred. Technical expertise and proficiency in use of office and process improvement related tools, such as MS Excel, Word, Access, Project, Minitab, Visio or other process mapping software, statistical and survey packages is required. Knowledge and solid understanding of, and demonstrated experience applying continuous quality/service level improvement concepts. In-depth understanding of human relations and group dynamics with ability to apply and lead change management and continuous improvement methodologies. Knowledge of management principles and techniques, problem-solving methodologies and analytic techniques. Knowledge of advanced statistics, data analysis and graphic displays of information. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to independently manage multiple projects and priorities, skilled at consulting and working collaboratively with Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center staff of all levels. Other abilities include flexibility, change agent, and proven ability to engage in encourage and stimulate innovative thinking under adverse conditions and short deadlines. Demonstrated ability to lead large, complex, multi-disciplinary projects effectively and provides support and/or services. Understanding and experience with broad set of methodologies and projects. Exceptional time management, communication and facilitation skills.
Clean, well lit, comfortable office
Handles confidential data
Occasionally subject to long hours.
Job ID: 21548