Regional Vice President
Consider the promising nature of this prominent role with a premier healthcare organization. The chosen professional will direct the dialysis operations of a defined region, providing leadership and guidance to optimize customer service, quality patient care, marketing, and financial management. Practicing cost-containment strategies, this individual will maintain profitability and growth, and assist Directors of Operations and Area Managers in implementation and management of various initiatives and strategies.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for directing and growing a dialysis business within a defined region through effective leadership and management of all aspects of customer service, quality patient care, marketing of FMS and responsiblefinancial management. Practices cost containment strategies, maintaining profitability and growth while ensuring compliance with applicable company and regulatory requirements. Assists divisional management with the development, implementation and management of divisional and company initiatives and strategies.Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy as well as the FMS UltraCare mission, values and standards. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Directs the dialysis operations of a defined region providing leadership and guidance regarding customer service, quality patient care, the marketing of FMS and financial management. Provides direction and oversight to the Directors of Operations and Area Managers ensuring the provision of outstanding patient care whilst maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory and company requirements and standards.
- Interprets and implements company and divisional policies and procedures and directs and plans the activities of the assigned region to ensure continuing dialysis service program operations, to maximize returns on investments, and to increase productivity.
- Provides guidance, support and advice to the Directors of Operations and Area Managers within the assigned region. Provides informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the annual performance evaluation process. Manages the staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions in collaboration with HR.
- Oversees the application and implementation of established policies and the control and effective utilization of physical and financial resources. Responsible for profit and loss management of facilities and dialysis programs within the region including ensuring the optimal performance of facility operations to achieve or exceed budgets and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for support of all financial aspects of running the group including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and payroll. Works closely with Managed Care department as well as operations to increase the payer mix and retain commercial patients. Ensures compliance with all local, state and national reimbursement practices, including government and commercial payers.
- Collaborates with GVP, Physician Strategies Market Development. And FMS Marketing departments, and other pertinent division management to develop and implement a regional marketing plan to support regional growth and profitability including facility startups.
- Implements operational efficiency improvements which may include, but are not limited to, the standardization of systems, quality control, safety, site selection, facility design, and patient satisfaction.
- Oversees all logistics related to patient care from admission to discharge, including transient patients, in-center, home, and inpatient dialysis services. Ensures the establishment of processes to enable timely completion of patient care plans and scheduling to maximize utilization of facility stations.
- Oversees the implementation of facility specific and regional quality goals and action plans to ensure compliance with all pertinent regulatory requirements and to achieve FMSquality standards. Responsible for the development and achievement of the business plan, and budget and key performance indicators. Reviews analysis of performance including financial and productivity data for region with GVP and makes the appropriate changes in strategies, goals an objectives responding to current status and conditions.
- Accountable for driving FMSstaffing and medical supply models and all pertinent FMS business initiatives, including prompt implementation of action plans to correct clinics below threshold performance.
- Responsible for Medical Director Contracts, negotiating and approving agreements as needed. Develops strong relationships with Physician practices within the region and facilitates the establishment of strong relationships between medical directors and physicians and Directors Operations and Area Managers.
- Oversees the Governing Body processes and accountabilities according to company policy and acts as the liaison between the Medical Advisory Board members.
- Ensures all employees in the region receive the required training and education according to FMS policy and to ensure compliance with all FMSrisk management initiatives.
- Provides oversight of all privacy and security aspects and issues in the group and practices risk management strategies and collaborates with internal and external legal counsel as appropriate to resolve legal and litigation issues with goal of reducing expenses for the company.
- Responsible for maintenance of environmental integrity including safety of all facilities within the region.
- Collaborates with the Group Vice President to respond to Joint Venture (JV) opportunities, to identify merger and acquisition opportunities and to participate in the related activities as appropriate. This may include but is not limited to providing oversight of the JV operations; participating in or organizing JV Board meetings and JV Management meetings assuming Board positions as needed, and taking the appropriate steps to ensure the JVs are in compliance with all pertinent company and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding community and regional healthcare market and industry issues which may impact business. Utilizes current knowledge of FMCNA products, services and strategies to market the company and grow the business.
- Ensures and promotes the development of the Regional Management team/succession planning through coaching, training and leadership development.
- Collaborates with the appropriate Corporate and local groups to ensure the growth of all modalities (Incenter, In Patient, Home, Home Assist, CKD etc)
- Ensures a strong and vibrant communications process between all managers and staff within the division by leading communications sessions and meetings with managers and ensuring the appropriate dissemination of communications to direct patient care and support staff within the division.
- Responsible and accountable for facility maintenance of environmental integrity including safety of all facilities and water systems within designated region of division.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel between facilities and various locations within assigned regions required. Travel to group, regional, divisional and corporate meetings required.
Bachelors degree in healthcare or business related field required with graduate degreepreferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8years of business operations management and leadership experience providing oversight for multiple sites preferably within a multi-facility healthcarenetwork.
- Demonstrated leadership and management competencies and skills including excellent financial competence, operational excellence, exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated practice of continuous quality improvement and relationship development.
- Results oriented.
- Excellent skills for team building, motivating employees, performance management and decision making