The GPETL role in Dow Coating Materials (DCM) is accountable for understanding the asset and chemical technology used in the business to lead, support and review capital project development, new technology improvements, and M&E engineer training. The GPETL is an expected business participant at project gate meetings to confirm process engineering and technology solutions will deliver the expected results. The Most Effective Technology (MET)2 role is accountable for the development, maintenance, and arbitration of the deliverables which define our technology and ensure that those deliverables are effectively leveraged across for businesses to maximize capital return. Core Responsibilities:
- (30%) Strategic Technology Implementation. The GPETL is a change agent for DCM (and three more businesses) and must continuously identify solutions to enhance productivity, decrease costs, and meet the unique goals of the various functions and six technology platforms (described above in section 2) on the DCM business. The GPETL builds effective partnerships with leaders across M&E to ensure solutions are consistent with DCM and Dow goals and will lead the implementation of projects and initiatives to deliver necessary results.
- (30%) Subject Matter Expert Technology Leadership for plants and projects. The role is recognized as a process engineering, DCM technology, and work process expert with the technology center and will provide knowledgeable and actionable leadership to plants and projects based on available MET1, MET2 and known successes across the M&E network. The single point contact ensures solution consistency across the manufacturing network, a resource for technology information, and a common conduit to other SMEs across DCM and Dow. The role provides root cause investigation support, project review guidance and approval, and work process expectations to ensure goals are met.
- (30%) MET2 Development and Maintenance Oversight. The GPETL and MET2 Owner evaluates and builds upon improvements identified in projects and in new technology needs. The GPETL will lead the development of new design deliverables, best practices, and strategies to ensure DCM is leveraging the best available information and operational approaches to reduce capital and operational costs while guaranteeing the EH&S, process safety, productivity, and quality expectations are met.
- (10%) Engineering Performance Management and People Development. The GPETL and MET2 Owner must interface with engineers and leaders across 25 countries and cultures. Through indirect and direct leadership engagements, the GPETL coaches, trains, and improves the understanding of DCM technology and solutions. The GPETL will review strengths and weaknesses with otherleaders to identify improvement plans that increase the engineering capability of the organization.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Support 37 DCM manufacturing sites and 6 tech center locations across 6 continents with MET1 and MET2 technology solutions
- Manufacturing sites require close evaluation of design solutions to ensure the unique geographic, regulatory, and design standard needs are met and MET-use expectations are leveraged
- Position must be familiar with unique technologies to support customers in four different Dow businesses – Dow Coating Materials, Dow Construction Chemicals, Adhesives and Functional Materials, and Dow Consumer and Industrial Solutions.
- The position must be available to lead, review, approve, and support on-going works across all manufacturing sites and with the M&E leadership across all geographies.
- May lead the process engineering group of 3 - 10 process engineers.
- A Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering (preferred) or Mechanical Engineering.
- The role requires at least 10 years of relevant manufacturing, improvement (plant production, operation and/or optimization), and capital execution experience and demonstrated leadership in the front end development of projects.
- The incumbent must possess a working understanding of process safety concepts and technology or MET2 development.
- The incumbent will provide direct and indirect leadership across all functions to advance DCM initiatives
- Must be able to communicate and collaborate effectively in various forums and formats with manufacturing, R&D, and capital execution personnel.
- Exposure across cultures and globally is required.
- Ability to travelInternationally up to 25% of the time.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Capital experience in a manufacturing company handling projects from conception through startup and routine operation, for small (<$1MM) and large (~$30MM) projects
- Plant start up experience is desired.
- Diverse roles bringing exposure to multiple engineering disciplines
- Results driven.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops personnel
- Ability to handle numerous interactions and activities simultaneously.
- Drive for improvement.
- Bias for Action.
- Has worked in role within Global Project Management (GPM), or equivalent capital execution process, and has detailed understanding of the deliverables of respective discipline.