At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
• Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures
Provide extraordinary technical depth and systems programming skills that cover a broad range of disciplines and/or a particular technical discipline that is of significance to HCA Inc. Perform any technical project assigned with no supervision. Identify, investigate, evaluate and become proficient in new technologies and technical disciplines that are of significance to HCA Inc.. Provide creative and innovative ideas and approaches that will improve the performance of HCA IT&S, as well as assisting in meeting the business goals and strategies of the corporation.
Specific responsibilities include Top-level expertise in one or more highly specialized phases of Operating Systems Programming. Provides technical consulting on complex projects. Makes well thought out decisions on complex or ambiguous systems issues. Installs and maintains infrastructure systems programs. Monitors and makes appropriate changes to systems products. Has a full technical knowledge of software systems programming. Tests, debugs, creates, and updates documentation. Acts independently under general direction. Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Designs, tests, and debugs complex operating system components, software tools, and utilities. Acts as a mentor to guide less experienced staff members.
Installation & maintenance of IBM DB2 software and related 3rd-party products utilizing SMP/E. This includes working with vendors to address product interoperability issues and usage requirements.
Configuration of DB2 subsystems in SYSPLEX data-sharing environment.
Perform problem analysis and resolution, both technical and application related.
Performance and capacity tuning utilizing various monitoring and reporting tools.
Responsible for DB2 availability and recovery strategies and procedures.
Provide technical support to HCA application developers and Data Center Operations staff.
The ability to work and build relationships in a team environment.
Consulting on Mainframe Systems Design
Installation of Mainframe products
Maintenance of Mainframe Products
Tuning of Mainframe products
Problem Determination related to Mainframe Products
Administrative duties (i.e. reporting, metrics gathering, status reports etc.)
• Supported products include the following:
DB2 Table Editor
DB2 Utilities Suite
Pitney Bowes Finalist
Optim Data Growth
Optim Test Data Management
CA Vision Results and VisionR DB2 interface
BMC CDB Restore (CDB Auto-Restore)
Websphere Replication Server/SQL
3-7years of applicable work experience is needed for a successful candidate.
College degree is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of staff and senior management
• Thorough understanding of IBM z/OS Mainframe Operating System.
• Thorough understanding of IBM DB2 versions 10 and 11 with advanced knowledge in the following; Buffer pool/memory management, DB2 internal structures, RID, EDM, BPs, Tablespace/Page structures, Backup/recovery/logging facilities and strategies, DB2 locking, ZPARMS, DB2 tracing/ IFCIDs.
• Experience providing Mainframe systems support to include writing tools.
• Strong knowledge of personal computer systems and Microsoft Office suite of products
• Excellent customer service skills
Job Code: 10207-20558