Summary of Primary Functions:
This position is responsible for maintaining a schedule of shop work, assigning personnel to specific work orders, giving work direction to Service Technicians in the repair of equipment, maintaining a schedule of field service work to be done while scheduling personnel for such, and maintaining a list of trucking to be done on pick-up and delivery of equipment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: May include some or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises all Service Department personnel
- Supervises the opening and closing of work orders for control of each shop job
- Maintains and monitors detailed records of time and performance of Service employees
- Monitors and schedules pick-up and delivery of equipment
- Frequently interacts with the customer to explain quotes and any changes within the quote prior to services being performed to ensure customer satisfaction
- Up-sells any service that is necessary to keep the product operating more efficiently and safely
- Stays current on product improvement programs from Deere
- Orders and maintains needed shop supplies
- Monitors customer satisfaction through phone calls and on-site visits
- Coordinates with Deere on programs, warranties and technical machine problems
- Interviews and selects qualified personnel
- Reports status of shop goal and objective achievement to either the RPSM or GM
- Assists in planning and developing service marketing programs
- Acts as site safety coordinator in conjunction with Corporate Safety Manager
- Monitors training needs and provides for the delivery of such training as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Skill, and/or Experience Requirements:
Two-year certificate from college or technical school and five years of related experience desired. College degree preferred. Heavy equipment service experience may be substituted or combined with education.