The Service Desk Operations Analyst is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective operation of the client services area by acting as an escalation point for the team, communicating and collaborating with customers as well as working with vendors, regional and Global IT to ensure that services are delivered according to established agreements. Working with the Manager, IT Services you will ensure that procedures and processes are in place and are followed to produce high quality outcomes.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Acts as a point person for escalations from the Deskside team (including problem management), key stakeholders, vendors and local, regional and Global IT.
- Provides efficient and effective client services by:
- Performing quality assurance observations for team members and providing feedback
- Analyzing IT incidents, identifying and coordinating problem resolution
- Verifying that IT systems and process technical documentation are up to date
- Providing knowledge transfer and mentoring to other team members as required
- Ensures that local IT systems are maintained and administered in line with local, regional and corporate standards.
- Partners with local, global and regional IT teams to resolve IT problems, minimize risk and ensure consistency and compliance.
- Provides guidance to key stakeholders regarding IT policies and procedures and utilizes knowledge of relevant IT areas to help them navigate the IT landscape in order to meet their needs.
- Monitors and reports on services provided by external parties (vendors, regional IT, global IT) and ensures that they meet desired outcomes and service levels as well as recommends improvements as applicable.
- Produce statistics and management reports to show performance against SLAs, analysis of incidents trends and performance of self-service products.
- Monitors key infrastructure components (server logs, backup logs, etc.) and notifies and escalates to IT teams as required.
- Assists with coordinating deployment support of IT infrastructure systems and application upgrades for Novo Nordisk Canada and follows change management best practices.
- Proactively identifies gaps in end-user understanding of systems and processes – to maximize value of IT investment. Develops and delivers IT training to end-users (via e-training, classroom, or DIY documents).
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field
- Professional certifications (ITIL foundation / practitioner, HDI)
- Knowledge of IT Security as it pertains to SSAE 16 is considered an asset
- 4+ years in a senior customer service oriented role in Computer Science, IT, programming/systems, IT QA or IT system management combined with at least 2 years team leadership experience in a medium-large size organization
- Good knowledge of servers, networking and other IT infrastructure
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Administration and Active Directory
- Thorough understanding of desktop PC management methodologies.
- Knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint to produce reports and present data to management
- Experience with problem management and incident tracking systems (Remedy nice to have)
- Understanding and experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Exposure to IT QA environment an asset.
- Previous experience working with international IT groups and external vendors.