The Motiva Graduate Program is designed to offer you the training, opportunities, and support you need to develop your leadership skills and form the foundation of a remarkable career.
Throughout the program, you’ll have access to a range of training and development opportunities tailored to enhance your engineering skills and prepare you for your professional future with Motiva. Combinations vary by business line with examples such as: special projects, rotations, company integration, development, progress checks and assessments. Coaching and mentoring as well as regular process checks help to ensure we are doing everything we can to help you reach your potential.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a control systems engineer, you’ll be responsible for control systems performance and technical assurance for an assigned module or area. Your duties may include:
- Reviews Instrumented Protective Systems classification to insure compliance with Downstream Manufacturing Standards (DSM).
- Maintains IPF Documentation (trip settings, rationale, pre-alarm settings, test procedures, narratives)
- Technical Assurance Coordinator for Control Systems Management of Change (MOC) in their area of support.
- Assures that existing control systems are functioning at an operational excellent state. Proactively seeks to improve.
- Accountable for technical assurance of the control systems technology for the area of support and ensures reliability of the control system.
- Troubleshoots control, safety and information systems, (hardware and software) including providing technical support as an escalation with inspectors and craft.
- Supports projects, changes, or on-going operational needs in their area in order to support run and maintain operation objectives.
- Identifies new information and control applications that enhance profitability and reliability. Develops functional specifications and detail design for these additions or modifications.
- 3.20 GPA to apply
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical engineering or related technical field required
- Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee, temporary resident, or an individual who possesses valid work authorization. Individuals with temporary visas (H-1, H-2, J-1, F-1, etc.) or who require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
- Previous internshipexperience is a plus
- Proven leadership and/or participation in extracurricular activities preferred
- Other work experience not related to position/area of study will be taken into consideration