The US Cattle and Equine Business Unit is one of the largest businesses within Zoetis’ worldwide operations. We focus on maximizing the value of our broad veterinary and producer solutions portfolio by building and sustaining relevant partnerships with veterinarians and producer owners. Based on our business model and operating environment we bring more than just medicines, services, and expertise to the marketplace – we deploy a range of targeted activities to support our solutions offerings in meeting the needs of our customers. The territory business manager position requires the individual to manage the Zoetis Animal Health Cattle and Equine business with Distributors, Veterinarians, Dealers, and Producers in your respective territory. It will be advantageous for the person in this position to understand the Dairy markets with some Equine knowledge as well. The position will require travel and nights away from home.
- Calling on dairy producers, veterinarians, dealers, and distributor representatives and being able to quantify and qualify differences among Zoetis products and those of our competitors.
- Utilizing excellent presentation skills to conduct educational training and exhibiting selling skills at accounts and producer seminars.
- Building relationships and influence within key trade channels including: veterinarians, distributors, extension and university personnel.
- Managing a broad geographic area with a diverse customer base to achieve sales targets and objectives.
- Build Trust with customers through developing reliability, credibility and follow-up.
- Territory Planning & Priority Setting through data analysis, planning, utilization of resources and execution of business plans
- Technical & Commercial Knowledge – General knowledge of Beef/Dairy/Equine Industry, in-depth product knowledge of Zoetis portfolio of products, and business & financial acumen of local customer base
- Teamwork – Share, collaborate and act as a team player
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned and directed.
- The position requires the ability to call on dairy producers, veterinarians and the supporting influencers
- The position also requires the ability to work with internal colleagues effectively as a team – SAM/DPS/LPS/QMS colleagues that share in account responsibilities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) Required
- Masters in animal science or equivalent degree is a plus
- A minimum of one 6 months of cattle related experience for Associate TM; A minimum of 3 years of cattle related experience for a TM
- Animal Health experience and knowledge of Dairy/Beef/Equine industry is preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight approximately at least 20% of the time to include some weekends
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- In-depth product and disease knowledge
- Experience with Dairy Comp, DHI Plus or PC Dart is plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word applications