FinFit’s work culture is vibrant, energetic and ever evolving. Innovation is not only encouraged, but expected. We are seeking individuals with the unique ability to excel in their area of expertise, communicate effectively with team members to get things done and continually strive for excellence. FinFit supports a growing, thriving environment that values bright, motivated people working together to drive innovation in online financial wellness services. See why we've won Best Places to Work in Virginia for FOUR years in a row!!!
Candidates must be willing to relocate to Virginia Beach, VA.
The Controller maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
No recruiters, please.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, etc.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for President and Board of Directors
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
- Manage commercial banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies
- Other duties as necessary
- The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration
- At least 4years in a public accounting firm
- At least 8-10 years accounting experience overall
- Experience raising capital
- Senior accounting leadership experience in a Financial industry preferred but not required.
- Must have CPA license