Provides leadership and support in functional areas of human resources including talent management, performance management, employee and leadership development, recruitment, employee relations, change management, employee engagement and organizational effectiveness, while serving as the HR Site Lead for Salt Lake City, Utah.
Serves as a strategic and consultative business partner to the TGO Salt Lake City Site Leadership Team. Assists in the development and implementation of human resources priorities and objectives for the site in alignment with the broader organizational priorities.
- Serves as a consultant to site business leaders on Human Resources related issues.
- Employs effective change management strategies to aid in business transformation initiatives
- Supports organizational change and design by working with senior management and Global HRBPs to identify business requirements and implement appropriate solutions
- Formulates partnerships across the HR function (with multiple Global HRBPs, Centers of Expertise and HR Operations) to deliver value-added service to leadership and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
- Works closely with leadership and employees to improve engagement, retention, and organizational effectiveness aimed at delivering stronger business performance.
- Maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition in the marketplace.
- Leads annual processes related to talent management and succession planning, performance management and compensation planning for the site population.
- Oversees all recruitment activities for the site and takes proactive steps to ensure there is a robust talent pool. Collaborates with Talent Acquisition colleagues accordingly.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. In partnership with leaders, develops Performance Improvement Plans for employees with substandard performance.
- May serve as a project leader for HR and/or business-driven initiatives (i.e. organizational structure changes, cultural change, employee rewards, organizational effectiveness)
- Provides employees and management with coaching and counseling, ensuring objectivity and professionalism in dealing with sensitive issues.
Travel Requirements: 5%
Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field
Master’s Degree in HR or related field
Generally has 10+ years of HRexperience in a business-facing role
- The person will demonstrate fundamental cross-functional collaboration skills with the ability to guide or direct others through action or influence.
- A successful candidate must also have the ability to understand issues impacting the business unit and company
- Otherrequired skills include a strong business understanding, basic organizational consulting skills and strong analytical and communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience coaching managers on pay planning, performance management, and employee relations.
- Fundamental knowledge of US employment law and how to mitigate risk.
- Comfort in providing constructive feedback to managers about their people manager skills.
Requisition # 17-20248.