Tracking Code 322
What we’re about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it’s not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky – people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you’d expect from a company with over 40 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That’s why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits – to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world’s leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they’ve only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
What you’ll be doing:
The Sustaining Engineering and Quality Manager will be a leader and champion the Technology Divisions culture of quality. He or she will be responsible for ensuring key technology stakeholders are supported in supplier onboarding and quality issues, emergency tier 2 situations, systemic issue resolution, obsolescence, and software maintenance.
The Sustaining Engineering and Quality Manager will possess outstanding operational experience and skills, including the demonstrated ability to design quality goals and processes, and to provide positive motivation to his/her colleagues in implementing the processes and achieving the goals.
- Lead a team of engineers and designers; assigning activities and providing engineering guidance and mentoring
- Provide engineering resources to support the Procurement, Quality, Manufacturing, Installation and Technical Services groups
- Identify product/service innovations to develop and implement solutions to meet technical requirements
- Regular analysis of quality indicators/scorecard metrics and develop interpretation of results/trends
- Ensure measurement and improvement of supplier quality performance through key performance indicators and continuous improvement and effective corrective and preventative actions
- Set objectives and implementation strategy for reducing the cost of poor quality. Efforts to be focused on improving product reliability and improving customer satisfaction
- Manage and develop Supplier Quality Engineers and Inspectors
- Ensure the development of Qualification & Verification Test Plans, Capability Studies and subsequent Control Plans at suppliers for new products
- Leads team through APQP process for all new products
- Participate in supplier qualification activities, quality system assessments, and process/facility audits and surveys as necessary. Maintains the relationship with the supplier for the purpose of achieving procured quality objectives
- Act as Quality representative for Sourcing function: Assist with the selection of qualified suppliers; match product quality requirements with supplier capability; supplier development, assistance and training
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in an Engineering discipline and 5 years’ experience managing engineers
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work well with other strong personalities
- Experience in a managing a Quality System and associated process improvements
- Broad quality management systems experience, continuous improvement and problem solving background in the field of electronic and optical based products
- Experience in a growth-oriented, multi-national, R&D, manufacturing and service organization
- Requires knowledge of quality assurance/ quality control work practices, processes and current technology
- Practical experience in auditing suppliers and processes