Create a strategic advantage for Otonomy by being part of a best-in-class medical affairs Field Medical Team that has capabilities to engage all types of KOLs across the complex landscape of Payer/Academic and Community KOLs. Develop strong advocacy with these KOLs through credible scientific dialogue which contains data from RCTs, AMCP dossiers, QOL tools, Database Claims Analysis, Population Health Research, as well as Health Economic and Outcomes Research. Significant previous experience with scientific and medical aspects of market access and/or medical patient access role is required and the necessary payer skills to be part of an innovative MSL team with broad capabilities; ones that enable them to communicate many different types of data beyond RCTs, including AMCP Dossiers of value to the Payer KOL/Formulary Decision Maker.
This type of small, nimble biopharma medical team will be able to flex across the spectrum of Payer/Academic/Community KOLs and will have documented experience of success in previous patient access roles. MSL will be a field based team member that is able to flex across the spectrum of KOLs, given the evolution of their interests, scientific needs and the complex landscape which includes Payers/Academic/Community KOLs and P&T decision makers.
Location: This role is remote. The preferredlocation for the role is on the East Coast, Mid-West and West Coast.
- Capability of developing medical advocacy with Payer/Academic/Community KOLs and enthusiasm for the scientific basis of Otonomy’s product portfolio.
- Develop strong advocacy with the spectrum of KOLs through credible scientific dialogue which contains data from RCTs, AMCP Dossier, Quality of Life Tools [QOL], Database Claims Analysis, Budget Impact Models, as well as Health Economics & Outcomes Research.
- Working with the Reimbursement and Market Access teams, help achieve patient access objectives, formulary approval and payer coverage for Otonomy’s portfolio though the use of scientific and medical information.
- Stay abreast of medical reimbursement best practices and build relationships with key payer decision makers.
- Highly skilled in the medical and scientific aspects of patient access, the MSL will partner with Reimbursement and Market Access teams, in a compliant manner and consistent with our SOPs, to create access for patients to Otonomy’s portfolio.
- Execute on KOL engagement metrics for all types of KOLs and Quality of Care/Health Outcomes Organizations. In a compliant manner and consistent with our SOPs, assist with the appropriate use of Medical Advisory Boards and Medical Advocacy activities.
- Responds to medical inquiries from the spectrum of KOLs, by providing timely, accurate, scientific data in a compliant manner.
- Supports the Commercial team, in a compliant manner and consistent with our SOPs, with medical and scientific expertise as requested. Provides sales force with training at national and regional levels as requested. Assists in the selection and training of appropriate healthcare professionals participating in the commercial Speaker’s Bureau.
- Effectively and compliantly responds to requests for medical information from the spectrum of stakeholders; covering important scientific topics from clinical trials, pre-clinical data, drug safety and medical information, etc.
- Represents Otonomy at specific continuing educational events/programs, medical meetings and conventions. Executes congress strategy and develops key insights for internal education and supporting the development of our strategic plan.
- Supports clinical development with KOL insights and other requests clinical development may have of the MSL team.
- May provide medical and scientific insight to Otonomy’s Business Development group and other parties on new disease opportunities that align with Otonomy’s current technology and corporate strategy, as well as new technologies.
May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or related field with Advanced Degreerequired (ie. Pharm D, MD, PH.D).
- Minimum 8years of relevant experience in the bio-pharmaceutical industry including:
- Significant previous experience as an MSL in the bio-pharmaceutical industry
- Significant previous experience and history in a full time role involving medical aspects of market access and/or medical patient access role within the biopharma industry. Prior experience in a medical patient access role with a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company (i.e. full time responsibility for payer engagement, managed care, national accounts, HE&OR, payer field team etc.]
- Proven experience executing strategy for formulary success, payer coverage, influencing quality of care organizations and implementing operational plans.
- Significant capabilities in capturing KOL insights across the spectrum of Payer/Academic/Community KOLs and demonstrated experienceapplying those insights in the development of Payer Dossiers and HE&OR.
- Previous experience creating advocacy with Payer/Academic/Community KOLs through credible scientific dialogue that includes RCTs, Payer Dossiers, HE&OR, QOL tools, BIMs and Surveys.
- Previous experience demonstrating success with advocacy and accountability for medical metrics
- Excellent communication skills (public speaking, 1:1 exchanges, written communications) as well as the ability to work collaboratively with several teams in the field such as sales, market access and national accounts.
- Must be fully cognizant of all relevant complex scientific data and complex regulatory requirements for field-based personnel. This includes understanding and remaining vigilant with compliance and current SOPs.
- Must be committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base.