Relationship Manager (RM) - Jonesboro, AR
Rabo AgriFinance LLC ("RAF") is a leading financial services provider for agricultural producers and agribusinesses. Solely focused on agriculture, RAF is backed by Rabobank, a Dutch-headquartered global financial services leader and one of the world’s 25 largest banks, with over $900 billion in assets and operations in 45 countries. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. With 43 offices across the U.S., RAF provides clients with knowledgeable local teams and exclusive access to global market research in a variety of sectors, including grains and oilseeds, livestock and specialty crops.
Responsible for the business development and customer management in an assigned territory or market segment. You will provide agricultural investment and advisory services to existing and potential customers for Rabo AgriFinance LLC (RAF). Find solutions for customer needs through offering RAF products and services. Evaluate customer’s needs, assess customer’s eligibility and suitability for certain products and negotiate acceptable product solutions utilizing product specialists as needed. Works with the Financial Analyst to assure accurate presentation of the customer request and is within the credit policies and procedures established by the company. Recommends customer request and application to the Credit department for approval.
Such responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being the primary RAF contact for the origination and servicing of agricultural loans of customers ranging from $1M to $10M in size. If you encounter loans greater than $10M you will need to work with your Team Leader as to how best to serve the customer.
- Position yourself with customers as a knowledge provider by bringing in the Rabo worldwide perspective on markets, using other RAF services and Rabo Food and Agribusiness Research to set RAF apart from otherloan providers in the market.
- Provide customers annually a presentation of how RAF services can increase their operations efficiency and profitability, be a provider of solutions for customers.
- Grow/maintain your portfolio to a minimum size of $50M and increase profit line each year.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Relationship Manager (RM) will be assigned a portfolio of customers to manage their relationship with RAF and monitor the customer goals and needs to expand each relationship in a profitable manner.
- RM will have annual goals with the overriding goal to grow his portfolio and bottom line profit annually.
- Identify marketing opportunities within your assigned territory to grow the RAF/Rabo brand name and enhance the image of Worldwide Food and Agribusiness Research to deliver Local Farm Financial Solutions.
GROW YOUR LOANPORTFOLIO
- Target the top 25% of agricultural producers to provide RAF solutions to their farm financial needs. Use RAF/Rabo products and services to create solutions for potential customers.
- Identify customer needs and sell solutions not price (low interest rates).
- Identify profitable potential customers who farm operations are sustainable/growing and the risk profile of the customer is acceptable to RAF.
- To annually grow your portfolio requires direct contact with existing customers to gain new client referrals. You are also expected to develop new customers’ referrals by building relationships with appraisers, attorneys, CPA’s, ag retailers, product buyers, bankers, title companies, realtors and educators. This includes RAF brand building by attending farm shows, farm visits, ag-related seminars, local public events and other ag-related events to promote RAF effectively.
- Develop a target list of potential customers in the assigned territory which will be contacted on a regular basis.
- Maintain your customer relationship management (CRM) documentation on prospects, inquiries, direct mail contacts, referrals, and clients to assist your marketing and the overall RAF marketing efforts.
- RM is expected to annually target existing customers for expansion of RAF services. The more RAF services and products a customer utilizes the better chance of customer retention.
- RM will have annual goals increase the average products utilized per customer in his portfolio.
MARKETS R&R QUALITY FRAMEWORK
- Develop a familiarity with the Markets R&R Quality Framework, relationship development including Client Selection, documentation of client calls and activity, involving Markets in the marketing process as appropriate, generally ensuring that suitable products are sold to suitable clients and the ongoing maintenance of the relationship to recertify client eligibility and reassess client’s suitability.
- Actively mentors Financial Analysts in customer relationship building.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all RAF & Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
CULTURE & VALUES
- Actively & consistently demonstrate RAF’s Eight Cultural Practices.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Good human relations, communication skills, and ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and have a strong desire to succeed.
- Extensive knowledge of diversified production agricultural and livestock enterprises.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret risk in appraisals, financial statements, crop insurance reports, FSA reports and other customer data. As shown by the passage of RAF financial analysis course or equivalent testing.
- Must have the ability to analyze simple to complex financial statements and supporting information with ability to solve practical problems related to the agricultural industry - shown by the passage of RAF or external risk analysis course or equivalent testing.
- Ability to communicate, present and sell RAF products. As shown by passage of RAF or external sales courses or equivalent testing.
- Complete RAF or external Lender Liability training.
- Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to demonstrate relationship selling techniques and show passage of Relationship marketing course.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of experience with RAF or similar experience.
- Experience in loan documentation, including the perfection of liens and mortgages on real estate, crops, inventory, machinery, and real property throughout RAF’s operating range.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo AgriFinance offers an inspiring work environment with enthusiastic professionals. The culture is characterized by entrepreneurship, personal development, and ambition. The employment benefits are excellent.
Reference Number RAF00690