· 5-10 years proven experience developing real time bare metal and RTOS based microcontroller systems in C or C++, preferably control systems, and involved in complete product software development life cycle (planning, concept, requirements, design, implementation, testing, and maintenance) in a defined software process environment.
· Desire to be in management with responsibilities including technical oversight, personnel management, process adherence, and process improvement of both software and hardware electronics design teams.
· Management experience highly preferred but relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
· Experience and/or willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with short design cycles and multiple projects.
· Experience in the development of software to the V-model for development (EN 50128/IEEE 1558)
· Experience with development of electrical hardware and software for rolling stock is highly preferred.
· Experience with Requirements Management, Configuration Management, Defect/Change Request Tracking, Verification and Validation Activities
· Experience with Safety Integrity Levels (SIL), RAMS, and Verification/Validation preferred.
· Embedded Programming using C/C++ for Control Systems with RTOS, FPGA and Microcontroller/Microprocessors – Intel, PIC, Freescale, ARM or equivalent.
· Experience with 68000 Family Microprocessors, Cold Fire V4 MCF54415, PIC24 series, Spartan 6 FPGA family. FPGAs, RTOS
· Experienced in Embedded Software Design/development/documentation using IDEs, UML/Enterprise Architect, Doxygen.
· Knowledge of CMMI/ISO/IRIS a plus.
· Experience with Debugging and Lab tools such as logic analyzer, protocol analyzer, multimeter, and oscilloscope.
· Experience with Ethernet, Can/CanOpen, USB, MVB, LonWorks Interfaces
· Experience General electrical design with PWM, 4 to 20 ma, A/D and D/A interfaces to microcontroller, microprocessors and FPGAs.
· Individual will report to the Brake Products Engineering Manager.
· Position will work in the Brake Product Engineering group supporting software and electronic needs for Pneumatronic (Pneumatic/Electronic) Equipment and Electronic brake control.
· Work will involve all aspects of design, development, analysis, application, and testing of existing and new product designs.
· Design process will involve adherence to one or more of the following: EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129, IEEE 1012, IEEE 1558 standards, internal Faiveley WPT standards.
· Review and understand customer technical specifications and industry standards in regards to technical requirements (materials, qualification, and performance requirements) of the product
· Maintain design documentation as it relates to CMMI, ISO, IRIS, IEEE, EN and Faiveley WPT best practices.
· Support and maintains requirements and traceability to those requirements
· Position will interface with customer interaction through Project Manager and Engineering Project Manager.
· Position will also involve supporting manufacturing of designs through Assembly and Purchasing groups.
· Position will manage the technical oversight of outsourcing of electrical and software designs.
· Analyze and develop solutions for technical issues as it relates to product development.
- Optimization of product performance requirements, cost, and reliability.
· Accountability - Strong attention to detail and emphasis on meeting commitments
· Ability to utilize and improve upon Wabtec’s current processes, systems and culture
· Ability to work within project schedules, budget constraints, and a matrix organization.
· Ability to understand electrical and mechanical interfaces to the software product and mechanical system.
· A high degree of self-discipline and self-motivation are required.
· Ability to communicate, in written and oral form, detailed and technical engineering information, guidelines and standards/statutes/codes/ regulations to various audiences to ensure understanding to seek compliance.
· Ability to make decisions and take action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences.
· Interpersonal skills needed when dealing with all levels of internal and external organizations.
· Strong skills in the usage of graphical presentation, databases, spreadsheets and word-processing software are required.
· Understanding of TCP/UDP, CANOpen, TRDP stacks and Ethernet, CAN, SPI, I2C and MVB Communication Interfaces.
· Understanding and use of tools for Requirements management, Configuration Management, Verification and Validation Activities – such as Polarion, DOORS, ClearCase, SVN, GIT, ClearQuest, StarTeam, Caliber RM.
· Familiar with Industry Standards related to software development and mature software processes
· Problem Solving/Root Cause Analysis Skills for Embedded Systems
· Risk Analysis and mitigation practices
· Good to have experience in automated testing, scripting skills (Python/Perl/PHP) and creating custom development tools.
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Wabtec takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. VEVRAA Federal Contractor