Retirement & Personal Wealth Solutions (RPWS) serves the core financial needs of individual clients and plan participants by connecting our capabilities across the firm. RPWS is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive set of personal wealth and retirement products and services through Banking, Merrill Edge and Advisory channels. RPWS provides tools and content that enables financial advisors and bankers to help their client’s live better financial lives.
The Retirement Internal Specialist serves as a technical resource for Merrill Lynch financial advisors. The internal specialist acts as a business partner who helps advisors implement retirement income and investing solutions. The internal specialist is responsible for supporting and driving sales in a dedicated territory in collaboration with external field based retirement specialists and third party partners. This role entails assisting with the fulfillment of annuity sales, sourcing annuity and retirement opportunities, positioning solutions with clients, working with advisory leadership and working with the firm’s 3rd party insurance partners.
- 5+ Years experience in the financial industry
- 2+ Years experience working directly with product wholesalers and financial advisors
- 2+ Years experience with retirement and 529 products
- Series 7, Series 66 (or equivalent)
- Life, Health and Variable Annuity Insurance licensing (or ability to obtain in 120 days)
- Experience meeting sales objectives and performing under pressure of meeting deadlines in a high volume environment
- Understanding of Social Security and Medicare
- Experience selling complex financial products
- Excellent written skills, verbal communication and organizational abilities
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Experience using WebEx
- Experience using Salesforce, Siebel or similar software preferred.
Job number: 17075589