The mission of our company is to provide quality construction services that exceed our clients' expectations while maintaining relationships that promote teamwork, opportunity, innovation and integrity.
We will continue to define success of each project by the following objectives:
- Reducing the Owner's risk
- Serving as good stewards of the Owner's resources
- Completing projects on time, on budget and with the highest quality attainable
- Building lasting relationships
- Hard work
- Preservation of our moral and ethical convictions
- Development of a corporate structure that allows financial, operational and quality perimeters to be met by constantly challenging how our company is operated and the services we provide.
- Completion of design and construction projects on time, within budgetary guidelines
and with the highest quality possible.
- Financial strength and growth achieving partnership-directed profit expectations
- Development of an organizational structure that recruits, trains and retains motivated, determined, enthusiastic staff members who seek out a customer service opportunity
and solve issues before they become problems.
- Providing construction products and services that improve our client's competitive
position, enhances productivity and profitability, and enriches their personal lives.
- Providing innovative design and construction solutions to our clients' needs and
- Fair, lasting relationships with our customers, and employees, expecting the same
- Safety: no lost-time accidents on any of our projects
We also support the following community organizations on an annual basis with fundraising efforts.
- Middle Tennessee Council of the Boy Scouts of America
- Mercy Ministries of America
- MorningStar Sanctuary
A Position Overview:
Participate and Direct all facets of permitting and construction efforts to ensure project is constructed safely in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. You will work with site staff, owners, upper management and the estimating department when necessary to smoothly complete each project from Start-to-Finish during the allocated timeframe.
Other involvement factors are listed below:
- Setup of a project schedule and creation of activities and logic, with no/little assistance on durations and schedule flow.
- Develop site logistics plans in conjunction with lead superintendent
- Set up cash flow and manpower projection analysis at varying stages of the project
- Prepare constructability reviews to determine completeness of documents
- Review estimates prepared by preconstruction group for potential scope holes
- Initiate set up of jobsite, including mobilization of trailer and setup of jobsite staff
- Establish and oversee the safety plan at the jobsite; set safety culture at jobsite
- Ensure construction process is completed in a timely manner
- Assist with management of labor relations with field personnel/subcontractors
- Implement emergency crisis procedures and ensure staff is appropriately trained
- Manage owner equipment coordination process
- Facilitate Mechanical/Electrical overhead coordination or BIM process
- Create and manage general conditions budget. Monitor and update projections on a monthly basis
- Establish non-reimbursables based on interpretation of contract; work to minimize their usage
- Set up trade budget structure and log into system/budgeting-program
- Review budget entries of others and evaluate reports for accuracy
- Regularly monitor project costs and effectiveness of change management process
- Oversee creation of cost items in prolog and issuance to contractors
- Assist with processing changes to owner agreement
- Support jobsite cash management, including monitoring of job profitability and timeliness of payment
- Facilitate meetings with project team
- Supervise and mentor project jobsite staff
- Ensure RFIs and submittals are being appropriately processed by the engineering staff
- Ensure office procedures are implemented, including filing system, correspondence formats, start-up documents, closeout documents, and archiving
- Manage ultimate agency acceptance of project, including serving as interface to code officials
- Involvement in seeking repeat and new business sales
- Assist with response to RFPs and preparation of presentation for new projects
- Manage jobsite relations and communicate needs with Architect/Engineer
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or related discipline
- 8+ years experience in Project Mangement for a General Contractor / Construction Management firm
- Local owner and subcontractor relationships in the greater Southeast/Eastern-US market