We are currently seeking a Vice President of AML/Fraud Surveillance Strategy & Technology within the Surveillance and Investigations group, which is part of LPL’s Compliance, Legal, and Risk (CLR) organization.
This position will report into the Vice President for Surveillance & Investigations Operations and will lead the team serving as the “bridge” between the AML/Fraud Surveillance team and the Firm’s Technology department, as well as the Financial Crimes Compliance department. This The position will serve a critical role in the maintenance and enhancement of the current AML/Fraud monitoring platform, as well as the development of an eventual new monitoring platform.
- •Lead the team charged with liaising with LPL’s Business Technology Services (BTS) and the Financial Crimes Compliance department with regard to AML/Fraud monitoring projects and initiatives
- •Contribute to the Firm’s risk assessment processes with respect to AML and fraud risk and controls
- •Contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of the current monitoring system, and theeventual development and implementation of a new transaction monitoring platform by performing the following duties:
- •Designing and gathering scenarios and controls requirements,
- •translation of requirements to the technology team,
- •data mapping and validation,
- •development of quality assurance scripts,
- •and user acceptance testing
- •Ensure proper process controls are continually identified and implemented to mitigate operational risk
- •Enhance management reports, metrics' reports and operational reports to include Key Risk Indicators, Key Performance Indicators, trends and analysis.
- •Present reports to senior management and other key stakeholders.
- •Coordinate with other CLR departments regarding data and technology projects; identify and escalate issues that may affect other groups
- •Track and help prioritize projects
- •Keep up with emerging AML issues that pertain to data and technology. Identify trends and opportunities to further improve the company's AML compliance program
- •Perform other duties as assigned
- •Bachelors Degree or comparable experiencerequired
- •At least 5years financial services experience, preferably in a broker-dealer
- •At least 3years of experience in a BSA/AML/OFAC compliance or Fraud department
- •Experience with Oracle (Mantas), Actimize or other prevalent transaction monitoring experiencepreferred
- •Demonstrated experience making independent critical fact-based decisions while understanding the appropriate escalation points.
- •Ability to prioritize and handle multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic financial services environment
- •Strong judgment and excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of details and form depending on the audience
- •Prior experiencesupporting strategic improvements and delivering measurable change
- •Comfortable working with all levels of management
- •Strong analytical skills, problem solving, good critical thinking and decision making skills
- •Strong attention to detail and quality assurance