Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional CAD Technician in our Indianapolis, IN office.
The CAD Technician will work collectively with our Aviation/Airport and Transportation Phase Managers and cross-functional internal departments. This individual will work within a team to develop and produce high quality construction documents for various aviation related projects. Our CAD Technician will have a proven ability to interact with cross-functional internal contacts to execute the required work, interact with the client staff in a professional and proactive manner to resolve issues, track progress, perform QA work associated with the requirements, make necessary corrections, and continually manage schedule and ensure quality.
- Technical expertise in civil site design principals, grading, erosion and sedimentation control practices.
- Utilize multiple software platforms to produce accurate and legible construction plans, color renderings, reports or displays for various projects in the aviation field.
- Conform to appropriate CAD standards and best practices.
- Perform quantity take-offs.
- Makes minor mathematical calculations.
- Checks final drawing to verify completeness, clarity and accuracy of drawing.
- Operates plotter to transfer developed drawings to an appropriate medium.
- Identify and recommend process improvements and enhancements on existing projects.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in civil engineering
- 5+ years of AutoCAD and Civil 3D related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D, Microsoft Excel
- Previous utility within the Aviation or Airport industry, experience is a plus
- Able to graphically present information clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals