The Project Manager is the overall manager for assigned project(s). The Project Manager ensures that all contracted work is developed, implemented, installed and managed in accordance with the Company’s requirements, including but not limited to, safety, quality, management and financial performance requirements. All aspects of the assigned project(s) must be carried out as efficiently as possible with respect to staffing, materials management, financial management, customer care and customer delivery goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Recruit, hire, train, manage, supervise, promote, discipline and discharge, if necessary, all project related staff. Effectively manage all human resource issues per Company policies and procedures. Complete recommendations for project related employees’ performance ratings, promotions and pay changes. Provide guidance and mentoring to meet all customer and Company goals and objectives.
2. Manage the workload distribution and monitor the customer delivery and job installation progress.
3. Plan for, manage, monitor and maintain project profitability to achieve Company goals.
4. Review all job cost postings for accuracy and completeness, including but not limited to, the preparation of invoices, customer collections and periodic financial reporting to the customer and management.
5. Manage all related quality and safety issues on customer work.
6. Act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
7. Create, develop and implement account process improvement(s).
8. Other responsibilities as assigned.
The Project Manager must be able to effectively operate small hand tools commonly used in the industry.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and lead others to create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
• Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
• Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
• Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
• Must able to travel within branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
• Must possess the ability to learn Company and customer project management systems.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
• Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Must have experience in customer interface, such as liaison between the customer and the Company.
• Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory or managerial experience.
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in telecommunications or a related technical or construction field.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
• Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
• Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a project, create a project scope of work, develop detailed associated tasks and manage these to final completion and customer turnover
Minimum Years of Experience