Agroscience Field Station Manager
ooking for an exciting career in the Agroscience field?
With over 25 years of experience in the crop protection industry, Eurofins Agroscience Services offers outstanding technical knowledge and project management skills. By acquiring a carefully selected range of CRO's, Eurofins Agroscience Services has created a unique portfolio of expertise that provides analytical, regulatory, and field support to plant breeders, agrochemical, biopesticide, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
Eurofins Agroscience Services, an internationally recognized full-service provider, is searching for an R&D Manager in Indiana, responsible for Field Trials on Efficacy, Crop Residues and Ecotoxicology for the biological and safety evaluation of biopesticides, agrochemicals and genetically engineered plants.
Field Station Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Supervise the preparation and control of quotations and contracts in accordance with pre-agreed financial objectives and targets and provide periodic status reports to the EASI President and/or Vice President
- Monitor, forecast and control volumes of work relative to available resource to achieve the pre-agreed financial and quality objectives within the EASI US Agroscience Unit
- Provide guidance and leadership on issues of quality control and improvement to all field units. Manage and develop improvement of facilities and equipment purchases
- Act as Test Facility Management where required in connection with GLP and GEP systems
- Create and maintain strong personal client relations and identify short and long term business opportunities within the field operations
- Where required supervise the development / implementation of relevant employment policies and procedures. With relevant line managers and external consultants, manage general employment terms, contracts and remuneration policy
- Where required assume overall responsibility for health and safety issues, policies and procedures
- Lead, develop and grow a team of technically skilled employees capable to provide high quality results in time
- Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards
- Act as a hands-on example with attention to details and foster teamwork
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Proven knowledge of agricultural and research practices, plant life and development, and farming operations (>5y)
- Hold or obtain appropriate licensing and certification to assure safe handling of pesticides and use of spray equipment
- Verified training of Good Laboratory Practice Standards as applied to field research and specialty product trials.
- Knowledge and desire to interact with Study Directors, Clients, and Regulatory authorities on the scientific and technical details of study/trial activities.
- Ability to inspire and develop people
- Empathy and cultural sensitivity
- Understanding of business processes and financial data
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Strong leadership, initiative, and team building skills
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant life sciences subject, or equivalent experience in related field research occupation, or equivalent directly-related experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum of 10 years of field researchexperience
- Required to frequently stand; walk; and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Assistance should be sought for a weight over amount employee is physically able to carry.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, on site with overtime as needed.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received international recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.