Role /Responsibilities: Under general direction and within Corporate and Divisional policy and procedure, administers the Human Resource activities of the plant so as to achieve plant objectives through effective and efficient human resources functional management. Plans, develops necessary procedures and directs the human resource activities of the plant. Directs, evaluates and approves the actions of subordinates. Provides counsel, advice and recommendations where appropriate to assist superior in carrying out assigned duties. In addition, provides counsel, advice and recommendations where appropriate to assist plant leadership and group management to achieve established goals and plans
- Recruits, interviews, tests, hires and on-boards employees. Establishes and maintains employee personnel records.
- Participates in plant health, safety, medical and employee service activities and programs.
- Assures plant compliance with state and federal labor legislation on such subjects as equal opportunity, affirmative action, wages and hour, workers’ and unemployment compensation, occupational health and safety, etc. Directs contention of unemployment compensation. May help represent plant with OFCCP audits. Co-ordinates EEOC compliance.
- Directs employee relations and development activities. Provides counsel and training to managers and supervisors regarding positive employee relations and engagement efforts.
- Counsels plant management employees on manpowerutilization, turnover control, compensation, performance evaluation and other personnel matters. Ensures consistent application of policies in accordance with site handbook and JCI policies and procedures.
- Coordinates training programs for hourly and salaried personnel.
- Represents Company in local community organizations. Plans and directs charity drives and other community activities.
- Administers workers’ compensation program (reserves, claims management and contested cases).
- Partners with Plant Leadership in driving our non-union strategy.
- Create effective partnerships with plant leadership team and otherinternal stakeholders on all human resource matters. Work with leaders to maintain a high level of employee engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field is required.
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience human resources generalist/management experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum four (4) years in management role within an HR capacity
- Flexible hours are required in order to meet internal/external customer requirements.
- Experience and/or exposure to negotiation, grievance, arbitration or peer review processes is desirable.