Sr Reinsurance Analyst
This position will lead the reinsurance system administration and data quality efforts, as well as, participate in various phases of reinsurance accounting and administration. Individual will be involved in the initial phases of treaty development, process design and controls, coordination with third parties, monthly processing and recognition of appropriate assets, liabilities, income and expenses items. This position will also be the lead contact for Financial Operations, data integrity projects, reinsurance vendors and insurers.
- Participate in all phases of reinsurance accounting and reporting, information technology, data cleansing, contract administration, monthly processing, reinsurer settlement / reporting.
- Lead activities involving TAI (reinsurance system) administration and data inquiries.
- Primary contact for Financial Operations and external reinsurance system vendor (TAI).
- Utilize TAI and other data sources to cleanse reinsurance data.
- Represent Reinsurance Administration for all data questions, issue mediation, and new development requests as they relate to data quality and integrity.
- Identify and document process bottlenecks – track resolution progress.
- Systems and process controls review – process control testing, document design improvements, maintain controls inventory, etc.
- Assist withother changes requiring UAT (test plan development and execution).
- Participate in, and understand accounting and reporting requirements for reinsurance treaties.
- Perform financial close tasks, prepare analysis, and provide support to other departments.
- Interface with TPA vendor and internal claims organization to analyze data to ensure proper processing of reinsurance invoices and claims, to ensure smooth processing and data of the highest integrity with maximum efficiency.
- Represent the Reinsurance Department on various process improvement activities and other relevant finance meetings.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Must have experience with the following
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5 years in financial systems and accounting.
- Financial systems knowledge and familiarity withdatabases and complex excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of TAI a plus.
- Some supervisory experiencepreferred.
- Insurance or financial services experienced preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Highly motivated, self-starter & team player with a high energy level & willingness to aggressively take on responsibility.
- Strong computer knowledge including working knowledge of financial based accounting packages, spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Able to work & effectively communicate with all levels of management, including executive management.
- Proficient in database and excel skills
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Excellent analytic skills and detail oriented.
- High level of integrity and commitment to achieving goals.
- Support effective partnerships with key individuals and have strong collaboration skills.
- Able to produce in a fast-paced environment while effectively addressing multiple responsibilities.
- Champion process improvement and automation activities.
- Able to mentor junior accountants and in some cases direct the work of others.
- Ability to travel significantly during the training period and as needed on a go-forward basis.
Contact me via email if interested with resume and salary requirements to: code THFGLSRANAL OR if you know a candidate that might be qualified for this role and your refer them we will pay a $500.00 "referral bonus" if your candidate is hired.