Autowares - Midland, MI
Auto-Wares is a group of companies in the automotive parts aftermarket business. We are a distribution company headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Auto-Wares has been providing the complete parts needs for service dealers and the motoring public since 1976.We are currently seeking a person for a Territory Sales Manager position in Michigan serving the Tri City (Midland, Saginaw, Bay City) areas. This position involves making sales calls to various businesses throughout the territory.The successful applicant will have their own reliable source of transportation, be able to increase sales through continuous "Exceptional Customer Service."The successful applicant's goal will be to maintain and grow the assigned stores wholesale market share by prospecting new customers and by forming a profitable business partnership with the store’s account base through: inventory management, training opportunities, Exceptional Customer Service (ECS), and presenting Auto Wares (AWI) and Company Store Group (CSG) programs and promotions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Use all tools available and work with the store crew to provide Customer Satisfaction through “Exceptional Customer Service"
- Promote and sell products from all the Specialty Companies that make up Auto Wares
- Maintain communications with Manager and Sales Director and all assigned employees * Check and respond to Company email a minimum of twice daily
- Work with the Store Manager to continually improve communications / service levels of your location.
- Follow the Company Store policies as they are laid out in the Auto Wares Employee Handbook and conform to the dress code guidelines for outside salesperson position
Responsible for profitable sales territory and organization through:
1. Maintain a Salesperson File System.
2. Submit Daily online Call. Have a weekly agenda and a purpose for the call.
3. Promote and grow the AV/BTB Certified Service Center program and all its contents and participate in organizing, promoting and taking part in local Service Dealer Advisory Council meetings.
4. Organize, schedule, attend and promote the merits of all training opportunities including Tech EXPO.
5. Keep, maintain and update customer profile sheets on all your customers in your filesystem as well as copies in the store.
6. Maintain and enforce all AWICSG policies and procedures as described in the CSG manual and Store Performance Summary Definitions.
7. Work with factory reps to gain product knowledge and gain additional sales.
8. Customer service follow-up .
9. Responsible for My Place for Parts and any other on-line ordering presentations, implementation, and the continuous training for the benefit of the store and the installers.
10. Present current sales programs.
11. Protecting the store’s interest.
12. Always pursue new line additions and changeovers and record those accomplishments through proper channels.
13. Assist in account’s inventory management including maintaining consignments through Line Updates and stock movement history.
14. Prospect for new store accounts and grow account base.
15. Keep management informed of competition and sharing all “best practices" with the rest of the company Team.
16. Must attend weekly Store Meetings via WebEx to keep abreast of Company Store information.
- Valid Drivers License
- Pass Physical & Drug Screen
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- ASE Parts Specialist Certified (If not currently certified – successful completion within 9 months)
- Maintain a work schedule conducive to hitting set goals.
- Previous salesexperience
Job Type: Full-time
- Midland, MI
- Territory Management: 3 years
- Automotive: 3 years
- Sales: 3 years
- Outside Sales: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License