- Lead direct problem solving activities to ensure processes are stable and in control
- Develop and monitor process KPIs to identify areas for process improvement
- Execution of work as outlined in a Work Plan
- Execution to other daily duties as outlined on a Standard Work document
- Work with cross-functional teams across plant and organization
- Communicate relevant technical information including projects & results to all levels of the organization
- Secure commitment from the important stakeholders and ensuring critical decisions are taken in due time
- Drive efficiency improvements through Continuous Improvement methodology
- Support the customers (internal and external) in production process issues through expertise on problem solving methods, including the delivery of training to necessary personal.
·Drive projects / tasks to reduce Safety issues (KPI: Lost Time Incident Rate, Near Misses)
- Responsible for the documentation and design for all jigs and fixtures in assigned area.
- Responsible for documenting (and maintaining) work instructions (including: setup / changeover), control plans, and SPC charts. Documents to be maintained at the equipment.
- Ensure that all new or redesigned production systems have safety protocols and interlocks that meet or exceed OSHA requirements.
- Lead new product / component launches to ensure IPPAP requirements are met.
- Assist with providing functional leadership for the plant’s Lean agenda at assigned site(s)
- Identify improvement opportunities in productivity, material consumption, other operation expenses, quality, safety, space utilization, and inventory reduction
- Plan, propose, and execute value stream mapping and team-based continuous improvement events to execute process improvements
- Train and build capability in all levels of organization regarding lean enterprise
- Ongoing support and advancement of APS principles and practices across the plant and in direct area of responsibility.
- Constantly promote, educate, and instill culture of identification and elimination of waste throughout the plant within manufacturing areas.
- Ensure that Lean activities and projects are linked such that the entire value stream is addressed and maximum benefit is extracted from Lean activities.
- Support APS initiatives.
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
- Participate in the site Safety and Health Program.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical Engineering or related field.
Qualifications and Experience
·5+ years process engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to produce results through process optimization and improvements
·Proven track record in project management
·In-depth knowledge of Engineering documentation and Quality Management Systems
·Comprehensive experience and knowledge in metal products/tools/processes
·Strong technical, process focused resource with a deep understanding of optimization.
·Able to identify, analyse in a structured way and find practical solutions to on-going process issues.
·Design experience for Tooling / Fixtures/Jigs
·Working knowledge of machine control interfaces (PLC/HMI)
·Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) in-depth knowledge
- Strong Computer Skills including: MS Office, Visio, Auto-Cad or Pro-E
·Very Strong English language skills
·Lean training required
·Six Sigma training preferred