Purchasing Power one of Atlanta's fastest growing specialty e-retailer is seeking a Technical Manager to join our team. The Technical Manager works as part of the E-commerce Application Development group. They will be primarily responsible for overseeing application development and maintenance, and contributing to the continued enhancement of Purchasing Power’s e-commerce platform.
The Technical manager, working closely with the Sr. Director of E-commerce development and Sr. Director of PMO, should be able to lead small teams of developers to deliver strategic projects. The Technical Manager provides guidance and direction to project team members – project managers, solution architects, developers, QA, etc. and fosters communication and collaboration among support teams (release management, systems infrastructure, etc.) to ensure a complete and functioning solution that delivers value to the business.
Duties – What you’ll do
- Responsible for enhancement and maintenance of the e-commerce platform
- Investigate issues raised by business users and guide the developers to fix them.
- Provides leadership and direction for software engineers, quality assurance engineers, Project managers and other technologists
- Works with business and IT leadership to prioritize support and tactical issues to address immediate business needs while maintaining strategic direction
- Plans resource needs and allocations to support projects, initiatives, and support
- Evaluates business needs, researches and formulates application solutions, and makes solution recommendations to the IT leadership
- Ensures service levels are understood and met
- Proactively engages other leaders in cross-functional efforts.
- Fosters open communication within and between teams
- Communicates effectively with IT and business management.
- Displays a strong work ethic and sense of urgency. Demonstrates strong initiative to make things happen
- Displays a strong ambition in gaining skills and knowledge. Stays abreast of industry trends and best practices
- Acts as a role model and mentor for otherdevelopers.
- Ensure effective communications—up, down and across the business
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10 years software development experience with at least 3 years management
- 2-4 years of experience in developing large scale eCommerce applications
- Demonstrated ability and experience in providing cross-organizational managerial leadership for application development on the Java/J2EE platform
- Ability to guide, mentor, and grow technical resources
- Ability to integrate people and teams
- Comfortable working with senior management, technical leaders, quality assurance engineers and Project managers.
- Solid software engineering skills
- Strong knowledge of industry standards and techniques in development and testing
- Experience working with Agile-style development methodologies (i.e. XP, Scrum, Lean, etc.)
- Experience with version control and defect management systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence technical discussions and decisions.