On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
The ESS&T team consists of electricalengineers, mechanicalengineers and technicians participating in the regulatory compliance testing, product safety review, approval, and failure analysis of energy products and ancillary equipment for two-way radios, infrastructure and other hand-held devices for all of Motorola Solutions' businesses.
- Performs project management duties for portions of multiple laboratory projects/programs. This includes this initial receipt and validation of equipment prior to release into the lab for testing.
- Plans and directs scheduling of testing.
- Monitors the project from initiation into the lab through delivery of test reports.
- Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the lab project on schedule.
- Provides weekly updates to project team.
- This position will also be the first point of contact for all product safety field investigations, tracking investigations to closure.
- Compiles and analyzes team metrics (lab and failure analysis). Provides weekly updates.
- May provide input into the development and execution of project plans using quantitative decision making and project planning techniques.
- May participate on cross-functional teams to achieve established plans.
- Knowledge of battery and energy products desirable.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and requirements for Telecommunications equipment desirable.
- Experience with database management, maintenance and development
- Ability to follow complex and documented administrative and technical processes
- Problem solving, organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills a must
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as program management skills
- Must be able to engage with all levels of management
- Self-motivated and able to coordinate global meetings with various engineering, and product safety and regulatory compliance team member
- Oriented towards customer satisfaction and cycle time/process improvements
- Requires little to no supervision.
- 2+ year’s applicable industry experience
- Experience reading and interpreting schematics