Specialist Sales Account Representative
The Sales Account Representative is an end user sales executive responsible for leading an Hitachi Vantara salescampaign utilizing all resources at his/her disposal. This may include selling direct or through any one of our channel partners (including Sun and HP). The Sales Account Representative will have 1-5 accounts and some may be investment accounts. The Sales Account Representative reports to the District Sales Manager and may have additional responsibilities as a National or Global Account Manager.
- The Sales Account Representative (SAR) is responsible for selling Hitachi Vantara
- and partner product and Services (Products) through direct and indirect channels to an assigned account list. In most instances, the territory will consist of 1-5 assigned 'focus' or 'investment' accounts.
- In some cases, an SAR will have National or Global Account responsibility.
- In some cases, an SAR may share (split) an account with another SAR.
- In all cases, the lead SAR will be identified.
- The SAR's main external contact is with end users and partners.
- The SAR will spend 80% of available time in the pursuit of opportunities by having daily contact with assigned accounts.
- The SAR will complete Focus Account Documents (FAD) for every focus or investment account in his/her territory and will coordinate the overall execution of the plan.
- The SAR will carry a quota and/or MBOs for his/her assigned accounts based upon activity levels and penetration at each account.
- The SAR will establish solid relationships at all levels within their assigned accounts and direct account related activities to ultimately achieve better account control than our competition.
- The SAR will manage a virtual team of colleagues that will change depending on the salescampaign and must be able to lead the team and provide constant direction.
- The SAR must have strong communication and decision making skills in order to coordinate activities with multiple partners and internal organizations.
- The SAR will be responsible for the integrity of the proposals submitted including the overall structure of the deal and the pricing of the opportunity (as per any price approval guidelines).
- The SAR will provide regular forecasts to the district manager of current and pipeline opportunities.
- Technical Product knowledge
- Business knowledge
- Effective presentation skills
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Decision making skills
- Ability to influence
- Effective time management
- Financial skills in deal structuring including TCO analyses and leasing
- Effective relationship building
- Must be able to function independently with minimal supervision
- Forecasting ability
- Must be able to lead a virtual team of technicians, service colleagues, finance support personnel and partners to effectively manage an overall salescampaign
- Demonstration of success in large account management and quota achievement
5+ years as a sales executive in a similar environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
Job ID : 021465