This candidate will need to learn the structure of a complex, mature software application and be able locate and repair problems in the code as well as make enhancements within the framework of the existing product. He or she will be thorough in making sure all code changes meet our quality standards and the needs of our customers. The duties include instructing, directing, and checking the work of other software developers and require full technical knowledge and thorough understanding of business application of the project and work with customers and technical staff to resolve problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. You will assists in scheduling and coordinating projects. You may be involved in design phase of project as well and acts as team leader on projects.
- Aptitude for designing and coding software and a desire to do quality work
- Knowledge of object oriented software development
- Ability to work with a large established software base to locate problems and/or develop new features
- Ability to complete work within estimated time constraints to provide our customers with the best enhancements at a reasonable cost
- Time management skills to handle multiple task assignments and prioritize work appropriately
- The drive and natural tendency to keep their technology skills up to date
- Technology or Engineeringdegree
- Good verbal and written communication skills demonstrating the ability to work with customers inside or outside of the company
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Excellent phone skills, patience and outstanding follow-up ability
- Ability to relate to customers with varying levels of technical skills and understanding; from the end-user, to the IT Manager, to the Executive level
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills needed to manage multiple requests with varying levels of importance and criticality
- Responsible for overseeing and leading work systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of its people and other resources within the team.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed