ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management and Leadership
- Develops and implement sales, operational and administrative best practices and processes
- Assists Executive Management in establishing Company goals and objectives
- Develops marketing plans and forecasts to produce Company goals and objectives
- Monitors, analyzes and recommends corrective action for underperforming facilities (PIP)
- Analyzes existing and new markets for growth potential and product acceptance
- Develops product positioning, packaging and pricing strategy to produce Company goals and objectives
- Analyzes processes and procedures to insure success in achieving Company goals and objectives
- Monitors financial performance of all truss facilities and recommend corrective action when needed
- Reviews market competitiveness and trends
- Member of Truss Best Practices Group
- Collaborates with Marketing to share industry trends and intelligence
- Works closely with the corporate sourcing group on product selection/acceptance/deployment
- Develops standard utilization of common design software and processes company-wide
Planning, Budgeting, and Execution
- Assists market management in business plan development and budgeting
- Provides training to market management on production, sales and administrative processes and best practices
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representatives in product presentation, negotiating and closing
- Assist market management as needed to accomplish or exceed Company goals and objectives
- Demonstrates a commitment to the quality improvement process and the philosophy of continuous improvement
- Leads discussion to determine common metrics and KPI’s for truss operations.
- Develops plan to consistently communicate financial and productivity performance and expectations across the company
- Leads and recommends design and manufacturing adjustments to ensure full utilization of company assets (Design and production level loading across multiple markets where applicable)
- Creates and develops plans to ensure components can be sold across multiple markets seamlessly.
People and Relationship Development
- Provide market management and sales leadership with specialized product training
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry leaders, key truss product suppliers , partners and customers
- Represents the Company at trade shows/meetings to promote product
- Provides the markets and customers with knowledgeable, courteous and prompt service at all times
- Leads discussion and analysis of all truss facilities to determine optimal layout, flow, equipment needs, relocation discussions, etc.
- Analyzes equipment needs; deploy new equipment where it does the most good and optimizes efficiencies - redeploy existing equipment to otherlocations.
- Works with finance/accounting to assure consistency on labor assignment – direct labor versus indirect
- Supports finance/ops on analyzing truss acquisitions and any in-organic growth strategies.
- Conducts periodic companywide truss production, design and sales meetings
- Supports company safety group on specific truss related issues and drives safety throughout manufacturing.
- Determines/analyzes/deploys high value add truss production, sales and administrative processes across multiple locations/markets/divisions
- Works with HR, develop a truss trainee program
- Works with HR, develop a program to identify and cultivate high potential truss management candidates
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures
- Adheres to the Company’s safety standards and enforce safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to read, analyze, interpret, and comprehend technical metrics, financialreports and legal documents. Continuously develops and refines manufacturing metrics and drives accountability. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Exceptional teamwork skills. Cooperates and collaborates with colleagues inside and outside of the company to achieve shared goals. Actively contributes to help create effective partnerships.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time-frames and simultaneously manage several projects in multi-geographical locations.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
- Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful public relations efforts.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of experience in a senior level/management position.
- Extensive knowledge of the industry and product. Ability to drive change management and influence in a matrixed environment. LEAN Manufacturing experience is preferred.