The Disaster Recovery Lead is responsible for successfully implementing and managing facility and administrative support policies, procedures, strategy and tactics to ensure near and long-term business continuity including normal operations and during and after any outage. This individual has the overall responsibility for planning, developing and managing the business continuity processes and disaster recover protocols to ensure timely, accurate and acceptable availability of systems to meet customer requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring weather conditions for all project locations
- Maintains and improves facility operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs; installing upgrades.
- Coordination with local and state emergency management
- Regular drills on response to disaster or emergency situations
- Maintain and keep current Contingency Plan, Disaster Recovery Plan and Business Continuity Plan
- Maintains equipment by evaluating and installing equipment; developing preventive maintenance programs; calling for repairs; evaluating and implementing upgrades.
- Manages all critical building operating systems and evaluates the most technically sound and cost effective options to resolve problems, improve reliability and performance, and extend equipment service life.
- Oversees all emergency, minor, planned preventive maintenance and repair work.
- Manages the assessment of facility needs and conditions.
- Manages all alteration, repair and replacement projects and may be required to prepare technical specifications or develop design drawings for new projects.
- Provides supervision and technical guidance to trades staff and contracted staff to successfully manage construction projects, and recurring preventative maintenance and repair work.
- Provide regular updates to team members
- Coordination with all project stakeholders, including timely notifications of any actions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Have five (5) years’ experience developing, assessing and conducting business continuity or disaster recovery processes on large complex projects of similar scope
- Have three (3) years’ experience with developing and implementing business continuity and disaster recovery processes for call/customer/contact centers
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience leading a sub-contracted facility management work team including but not limited to maintenance, custodial, security, and office support staff
- Have formal training in business continuity and disaster recovery methodologies and techniques
- Ability to demonstrate mature technical skills based judgment, initiative and critical thinking
- Ability to proactively manage local vendors, contractors and specialty consultants
- Superior customer service skills and experience with high-touch customer interaction required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizing and planning skills
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Mature analytical and reporting skills
- Skilled with Microsoft Suite